Here is my take on people saying "a real fan would stick by them no matter what."

Lets say you "LOVE" Heinz Ketchup. There is something wonderful about
the sweet tomato taste from Heinz that you just can't find anywhere
else. Do you really love Heinz? Or do you love the style of Ketchup they
create? Let's say Heinz all of a sudden decides to experiment with this
wonderful product we've grown to love, and puts WORMS into the recipe.
Are we going to stick by Heinz and say well it's still Heinz, it's still
ketchup, so I love it anyway. NOT likely!

A Thousand Suns is still Linkin Park, it's still music...but it has a
big can of WORMS thrown in the mix...and I can't stand by this album for
a second.

ps. Everything rock or metal Rick Rubin touches....he destroys

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The topic creator's "logic" could also apply to people. Let's say that you "love" a girl, but she goes througgh some things, and you leave her.

Is it her fault, because she changed because of experience? Or is it your fault for being a childish idiot?

You decide.

I'm not saying that you should stick with everything you like no matter what, I'm just saying that maybe LP changed for the better. And if you like their first 2 albums so much, then go listem to them again (or anything else from that time period, because they all sounded alike anyway!)
I agree with you on that. LP has changed and their music reflects that. I'm a die hard LP fan so I would be with them through anything. To be honest I was slightly concerned about the direction they took but all it took was for me to listen to the album once and I was HOOKED! LP is not like some other bands who stick to a certain genre bc it's popular. That would get really boring after awhile. They grow and change and I'm just glad they brought me along for the ride.
The hell kinda analogy is that suposed to be!?

Ketchup is the same with every bottle. A band is different with every song. In other words, whereas you would expect the ketchup in a bottle to be exactly the same in every other bottle, you WON'T expect every song of a band to be exactly the same - that would just be boring.

Ever since they started, LP has had a variety of different styles with different songs. Now they're experimenting with a new style.

Think of it this way: What if the Heinz Ketchup Company told you that their new bottles of ketchup would be different like LP did with A Thousand Suns? You'd obviously EXPECT something different. So why the hell did you expect their new music to be the same as everything they've done before?

Furthermore, you can't taste music. It also depends on the worms.

If you don't like the music, then don't effing listen to it! Give LP a break, for crap's sake. If you throw all your dissapointment at them, imagine how dissapointed they must feel! Two years of hard work down the drain.

If you were really a true LP fan, you would atleast TRY to tollerate what they came up with, just like a true Heinz Ketchup fan (again, pathetic analogy) would atleast TRY to tollerate the worms.

Now stop whining and go listen to something else.

Edit: Thanks to the two posters above me. Perhaps I should've said "Amen".
Heh you are very welcome. What I wrote was slightly tamer then what I felt. I get very defensive when someone bad mouths LP. Also I am not into just rock music, I am into LP music regardless of what style of music they decide to play. I get to experience what they are feeling and thinking through their music and that's all that matters to me.

Charl-André Fourie said:
The hell kinda analogy is that suposed to be!?
Ketchup is the same with every bottle. A band is different with every song. In other words, whereas you would expect the ketchup in a bottle to be exactly the same in every other bottle, you WON'T expect every song of a band to be exactly the same - that would just be boring.
Ever since they started, LP has had a variety of different styles with different songs. Now they're experimenting with a new style.

Think of it this way: What if the Heinz Ketchup Company told you that their new bottles of ketchup would be different like LP did with A Thousand Suns? You'd obviously EXPECT something different. So why the hell did you expect their new music to be the same as everything they've done before?

Furthermore, you can't taste music. It also depends on the worms.

If you don't like the music, then don't effing listen to it! Give LP a break, for crap's sake. If you throw all your dissapointment at them, imagine how dissapointed they must feel! Two years of hard work down the drain.

If you were really a true LP fan, you would atleast TRY to tollerate what they came up with, just like a true Heinz Ketchup fan (again, pathetic analogy) would atleast TRY to tollerate the worms.

Now stop whining and go listen to something else.

Edit: Thanks to the two posters above me. Perhaps I should've said "Amen".
Also, Treadley
It seems to me that so far 'A Thousand suns' is turning out to be like marmite... which is weird because I hate marmite but love the album... so I guess it's a sort of anti-marmite...

=)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service