WOULD YOU LIKE LP TO GO BACK TO THEIR OLD STYLE LIKE THEIR SONGS IN HYBRID THEORY OR JUST STAY WITH THEIR CURRENT STYLE LIKE THEIR SONGS IN ATS?

I really don't know what like more. So,i just would like to know what you think or which one for you do you like more

Tags: Linkin, park

Views: 6316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Listen people, it was 1999. Rap and Rock were starting to melt together as music and as a society. LP broke the mold and was the best in the game with 3 albums. It is now 2012. LP and myself are way older now. Music and times have changed. There is no way LP would want to or could reproduce the sound from THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE, 13 years ago. Yes, HT, METEORA, REANIMATION awesome albums, and my favorites. I was in college listening to them, and those albums got me through some tuff times in my life and they were my best albums for about 5 years. Then they grew up, they changed, they are not angry young people anymore. They are genius artists and are evolving just like none of us will be the same 13 years later from today. M2M was ok, and still had some hard chester in there, ATS, they grew more and experimented more, now Living things has the best Rapping from Mike so far, and signing. Chester is a lighter on this album, but still a great album. LP can not go backwards, and to ask them to just doesnt make any sense. I do think if you came out with Hybrid Theory today, it would still be an album that would hit number one, its that good. But Living Things is definitely the right direction, the concerts provide all the old style and new style albums in one and are awesome. The next album I think will be there best at Living Things is there best album since HT and METEORA hands down. M2M had some good songs, ATS was a cool listen from start to finish, but HT and Meteora you could listen to every track. Most that started with LP, grew up with those albums, and are now older and can relate and appreciate LPs new style. Later fans, I think will have a harder time adjusting to LPs new electric, experimental, rap rock combinations. But without a doubt, Living Things has brought LP back in line, ATS was solid, M2M had some great songs on it, and chester can only scream so much on these songs and at the concerts, Mike is getting better overall in every aspect and I think as a whole, the band is enjoying making the albums. 95 percent of LPs songs are excellent. That to me is an accomplishment that can not be overlooked with a 13 year career. Not many bands can say the same, change, survive, thrive, have so many hit singles, number ones, chart toppers and put on one of the best live shows of any band.

I signed up just to reply to this thread. You might say that I'm just living in the past but Hybrid Theory is still one of my favorite CD's of all time. I just recently purchased the Living Things download last week. I wish I got the CD instead so I have something physical to destroy. I'm not sure if Chester is losing his voice or is just getting old but the album is pathetic to say the least. They lost the "anger" that I loved so much about their music. GUYS quit trying to sound like punk ass rappers/dubqueers, grow some balls, turn up that electric guitar, and get ME back to that ass kickin mood. Thanks

I think that we should respect their choice, if they want to play the songs in this style, let them sing

guys look.every metal band who wants to go higher is targeting higher and higher to heavier and harder style.thats what you guys call "evolution" .what LP is doing is not evolving.from nu-metal to pop-rock band. so fcked

no i dont think so. I dont think that men in their age, should make songs like the ones in Hybrid Theory and Meteora., it would just be wierd. also I think that it is good for them to move on and not be living in the past. Now LP has put all the shit that has happend to them behind them, and they start using their music for what is worth, and making new interesting music. I also think that kids today dont care about that Hybrid Theory music anymore. Music changes, and that also includes rock. Ofcourse some of my favorite songs from LP is from the Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes to Midnight albums, but than again I also have many favorite songs from a Thousand Suns and Living Things. I think its good with changes, or else their music would just get boring.

You cant be a LP fan from the beginning and want them to go backwards. It doesnt make sense. Again, that was 13 years ago. Times change, people change, you talk about the music not having the anger and hard guitars and rock sound, CORRECT, that is because they are not young artists starting out, going through rough times in there career and life and making music about it. They cant do music like Hybrid Theory anymore because they do not relate to that sound anymore. They dont have that anger and pain in them anymore. They are making more wordly music, experimenting and growing as a band. And they still have that HT and Meteora sound in there newer albums its just not as dominant. Its just like Limp Bizkit coming out with Gold Cobra and it tanked. Why, BECAUSE HESE OLD and that sound is dead. Could LP pull it off, I think so, but I dont think it would fit them anymore. They are artists, respect what they are doing, listen to the old albums, find your songs you love on the newer albums, THERE HAS TO BE A FEW FROM EACH ALBUM as I am a major HT and METEORA fan and still find many songs on Living Things, M2M and ATS that sound great, and grow with them or find a new band that still plays the style of nu metal. LP is not numetal anymore, its time to give it up, love the band or move on, period.

I've enjoyed all of their albums so far, each had it's own strengths and weaknesses.

Hybrid Theory was definitely a hard hitter, the rawness won't ever be matched again, it was lyrically brilliant and some of the song melodies were incredible. The lyrics are so close to how i've felt this past year it's scary. It had two weaknesses though, a few songs were not that great and some of the stuff sounded quite same-y. 8.5/10

Meteora is my personal favourite, i loved most of the songs, it's a real mood lifter for me whenever i listen to it.
It was heavy and lyrically awesome again like Hybrid Theory, but I just liked it more for some reason. It's one of those albums you can just blast at full volume and annoy the neighbours with! 9.5/10

Minutes to Midnight, although most fans didn't like it at all, I actually thought it was very good. If LP had released another album sounding like the previous ones then everyone would've ridiculed them for it, kudos for them for experimenting with their mellow side, many of songs are very relaxing to listen to such as: Hands Held High, In Pieces and The Little Things Give You Away. It wasn't as good lyrically as previous albums, but it gave a good listen for me none the less. I hate it when people slag this album off, especially when you can tell they havn't even listened to it all. 8/10

A Thousand Suns was probably my least favourite album, but it was by no means a bad album, the weird sounds were just a bit too much in places. Robot Boy was a joke, they sounded like a boy band. The Messenger was completely out of place and not very well sung by Chester really. Had some killer songs though like: When They Come For Me and Wretches and Kings! Immense songs! 7/10

Living Things so far I like very much, and so should most of the fans doubting LP. They touch on all sounds of the last few albums, the opening 3 tracks are brilliant and Castle Of Glass is one of the best songs they've ever written, it has such a sinister sound which I just love! It has it's fair share of lovely mellow songs too. A return to their roots whilst being an experimentation at the same time. Very good album as a whole. 8.5/10

I also love everything they've done on the side, Reanimation was epic and Collision Course was pretty sick too. I love you Linkin Park, I don't you'll ever be able to release an album I didn't at least sort of like, even if you tried to make it terrible.

Nuff said.

The problem I think is the age range and when people came into linkin park or became fans of linkin park. If you were my age, in college and Hybrid Theory came out, then HT and Meteora were the best albums on the planet PERIOD. If you loved rap, and rock, these combined both perfectly and CHESTER was amazing. Then LP hit a slump, didnt make any new material as far as an album but were touring and killing the music scene, was awesome for 4 or so years, and reanimation awesome and brought life back to LP, Mike did his side thing that was cool with fort minor, and we had collision course all strong and on the same path of rock rap, lyrics, anger and kicking ass and helping you through the pain in your life and bringing light into your life with the albums. Then the change came, years later, music had changed, they grew up, and they struggled to push out M2M. Now, not a great album but not that bad either. Problem is, we went from HT, METEORA, COLLISION COURSE, FORT MINOR to all of a sudden a completely different sound, more mellow and the old fans, many of them, struggled with it including me. HT and Meteora every track top notch from start to finish. M2M not so much, a couple songs were great, others so so, then ATS came along and was a better transformation, again only a couple of great tracks and a couple not so great, but not horrible and a new creation that flowed together from track 1 to the end. Now with living things, again a little change, but not much, definitely could be songs from M2M, ATS and it is a strong album overall. I do agree with many fans that it is too soft, Chester is missing too much from the album, Mike is awesome on the album, the scratching and hard drums, guitar rock sound is missing too much and they stayed with the electro type style, but much better then M2M. I love LP, and look forward to every album they put out and every track that they make, and the live shows are incredible. Now I hope they keep rocking, and keep moving on, but with how LP has changed, its just going to cause old fans to hate them, gain some new fans, and some fans will like them more, its music, and everyone will have there own opinion.

I felt like that too, not enough Chester on this album :(
I see your point, M2M was actually the first LP album I properly listened to

Everyone talks about a "new style". It's not called a new style, it's called involution. They just can't make good music anymore so thats way their music is so overproduced now. Ever wondered why there's no guitars? Because they just CAN?T play it.

I definitely want LP to go back to their old style.
I still remember having goosebumps while listening to their previous songs but the last two albums, not even close.

It's not exactly Chester its more of mike who messed up.
i'm mean where is the energy ,where is the feeling, where is the fire.
mike anyone can make some beats on their computer and sing some crap in the background.
Chester don't waste your voice singing these crap songs.
I'm completely disappointed with LP this time.

Matt Brock said:

I signed up just to reply to this thread. You might say that I'm just living in the past but Hybrid Theory is still one of my favorite CD's of all time. I just recently purchased the Living Things download last week. I wish I got the CD instead so I have something physical to destroy. I'm not sure if Chester is losing his voice or is just getting old but the album is pathetic to say the least. They lost the "anger" that I loved so much about their music. GUYS quit trying to sound like punk ass rappers/dubqueers, grow some balls, turn up that electric guitar, and get ME back to that ass kickin mood. Thanks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service