Just heard the snippet for wretches and kinds, and really heard that LP energy from "old school" LP, It was better than Hybrid and Meteora 

Tags: catalyst, linkin, meteora, park, suns, thousand

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember Linkin Park back in the day and they had the best music ever. I agree with the poster who mentioned how cool QWERTY was. Its like they were about to release some good stuff, but decided to go down a lame, commercial, path. I'm sick and tired of hearing about bands maturing. Lyrical maturity doesn't matter a bit if all your songs suck and sound your sound is only only supported by the sheep of society who only listen to crap fed to them by mtv and other commercial stations. I'm just disappointed. Even the structure of the song sucks. I won't be buying the album if thats the best they can do anymore. I guess we just have to face the fact the LP we knew and loved is dead. At least when Metallica had an identity crisis they got their stuff straight after one album. Just my 2 cents.
It´s different to the other Linkin Park songs, but I also love it, anyway I think It´s better to do something different sometimes, than always doing the same.
The song is starting to grow on me a little, but not to the point where I can't get enough of it.
I have opinions on diffrent things they could of done with the song. For instance, there should have been more Mike, what you do hear of him is background. It could have been better if chester hadn't of sung it so lightly. I don't like what they did with that "underwater" thing with the voices.
Not to say that there wasn't any good things about it. At least it was an uplifting song, especially towards the end. The lyrics were definetly good, almost touching coruses from old LP music.
What you have to understand about loving or hateing this song is about how deep rooted it is in what people think about the diffrences in the new and old Linkin Park. This may lead to talking about what made them change and this may lead to using other bands changes as examples. I think that most of the mentionings of other bands is to use examples of turning points like the Catalyst is to LP. The Catalyst is a turning point for them.
I like some of the remixes and this one is, in my opinion, better than the original...Paste this in youtube: Linkin Park - The Catalyst (Rock Version - Music Video - Silversurfer-RMX)
i'll tell you how. you put, the hybrid theory, or meteora album into a cd player, and... play it. the songs wont dissappear
Brandon Gebauer said:
The lyrics follow along with the way linkin park is but the song is horrible. They are taking away from what they are in everyway. Chesters voice is distorted, mike isn't rapping, and the instuments are well terrible. I loved New Divide and I will buy the album because i am a die hard fan but i highly doubt i will enjoy it. I hope you guys read this and realise you have really disapointed a ton of your fans. James i agree with you Reanimation and Meteora are two of my favorite albums of all time. I have litterally worn out my Meteora album to the point i had to gladly go purchase it again after many years of playing.

I am kind of at a loss of words at how disapointed I am right now and can not describe how i wish i could hear the old sound again....
hey guys, just to let u's know if anyone is saying that their new song is shit then ur not a real fan, linkin park will always be good and their songs will change but have a great impact on everything. Never had they have done a bad song
For fans, who love "old LP", on ATS will song like in HT or Meteora, it calls Wretches And Kings, so for this you must listen them! They change, but don't forget about fans like you. I love all their songs and don't understand you, but give you inform.
I think my prayers have been answered. I listened to the snippet of this song and... yay...

Krispin May said:
For fans, who love "old LP", on ATS will song like in HT or Meteora, it calls Wretches And Kings, so for this you must listen them! They change, but don't forget about fans like you. I love all their songs and don't understand you, but give you inform.
Не знаю , что хорошего нашли люди в этой песне,лично мне она очень не понравилась....Да и вообще не похоже это на ЛП.....Они очень кардинально изменили свой стиль.
P.S. Кому надо тот переведёт)))
Hmm well, I am actually liking this song..I can actually stand to listen to it..I never thought I could ever be this happy to hear Mike rap, then again anything better than the Catalyst for me...I refuse to play a song over an over and try to convince myself it will "grow on me".that does not even make sense....oh and btw I am an LP Fan ..I have spent thousands of my OWN dollars on concerts, shirts, cd's, memberships to Underground over the years So if u dont call that fuckin support HA....sick of people with their "if u were a real LP fan" blah blah BS..
Still waitin for the rest of the album....
Is Wretches and Kings the next single? i reckon that and Iridescent should be the next two after Waiting For The End
Is Wretches and Kings the next single? i reckon that and Iridescent should be the next two after Waiting For The End
U only change if u become obsolete. lp was the exact opposite of that in fact they made almost every band out there obsolete. They had an awesome unique sound and a thousand suns is just a copy of the techno crap u hear in nightclubs

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service