Just heard the snippet for wretches and kinds, and really heard that LP energy from "old school" LP, It was better than Hybrid and Meteora 

Tags: catalyst, linkin, meteora, park, suns, thousand

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is the best description i have heard so far. Thank you for this, the lyrics are great but your right i listened to linkin park for their unique sound, not their we sound like everything else sound

Sara Lobb said:
Hate it...Too much electrica you know if I want pop I would listen to Lady Gaga, I like my music with Guitars and I cannot stand Trance...Which the Catalyst almost is!
Im so sick of you fake LP fans talking about how you want the old LP back, Hybrid Theory Meteora etc, GIMME A BREAK. This is not 1999 for Gods sake. The band shows its level of skill through the growth and change in the albums and styles. For one it would be boring if every album and song sounded like Hybrid Theory, and you would probably be the same people then complaing that they all sound the same. BUT ITS 11 years later, there older, they have made solid albums every album since day 1. Great side projects. This album will be awesome. Catalyst is awesome, perfect for Medal Of Honor Video game.
AND TO SARA LOBB and Brandon, this song does not sound like everything else... OPEN YOUR EARS.
If you want to listen to OLD LP pop Hybrid theory, Meteora or Reanimation in you got 3 albums to choose from, want something different you pop in M2M, now we will get a new vibe with A thousand SUNS cant wait. Then take your butt to there concert and relive the past and the present and comprehend again why they are the best band ever. Live they smash there old songs, there M2M songs sound better and they rock out.
YES HYBRID THEORY IS HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE LP ALBUM, THEN METEORA, THEN M2M but they are all good and its not a rap/rock LIMP BIZKIT PHASE ANYMORE, its growth and real music and you can hear that LP IS ENJOYING WHAT THEY DO NOW MORE THEN EVER.
I like it... But, don't enjoy it as much as Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes to Midnight songs. But I haven't heard any songs from A Thousand Suns, so I shall make my decision when I hear more from the album. When I first heard The Catalyst, I thought of The Prodigy and Pendulum, which is cool.

*Plus, to these idiots that are saying they want the Hybrid Theory and Meteora sound. That was over seven years ago... Bands change, bands evolve. Get used to it. Anyone who records a song 1262728 times is not good in my opinion.
Well in my opinion its just something that I'm going to grow into. First impression, its definitely something far beyond anything I've heard from Linkin Park as far as the sound goes. The lyrics are very artistic and creative as they always are which is what I always will appreciate from this band. The Catalyst showed me 2 things, Linkin Park's style has evolved and Joe Hahn really had an influence with the sound, obviously. The evolution of Linkin Park has grown somewhat softer with this release, its not like the heavy rock/rap that they blew up the scene with back in the early decade. But as with EVERY band, their music will evolve. Its up to the dedicated fan like you and myself to truly appreciate the change. We all grow up and change as we do, its no different with rock bands. I feel that I will enjoy this album because I will always be a fan, no matter how different it sounds from the first song I heard.
Brandon Chin said:
HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the hybrid theory/meteora linklin park back. Thats the lp i fell in love with not this techno trash

Then LP is not the band for you anymore!!!
Gr2En_Light said:
Не знаю переведете ли Вы то что я написал, НО этот сингл ПОЛНАЯ ХРЕНЬ!!! Такое ощущение, что Вы пишите музыку для СЕБЯ(хотите заработать, так как такую музыку будут ставить на радио и показывать на ТВ), а не для людей. Помню на концерт в Питере 26.07.09, я ехал с хрен знает откуда, ради ВАС и 3х первых альбомов. Если же этот альбом будет в стиле как и ЭТОТ сингл(херня), то я даже скачивать его не буду. Вспомните пожалуйста за какие песни(альбомы) Вас полюбили! А то сейчас Вы похожи на продажных девок, которые на все пойдут лишь бы срубить бабла. ЖАЛЬ только ТО, что Вам на эти мои слова ПОФИГУ и Вы будете дальше рубить бабло...
Я не понимаю почему ты так возмущаешься из-за этой песни. И так обзывать их за то, что тебе это не понравилось - это перебор!
--------
This single is of wonderful beauty. I very like it
grow up :3

we're in 2010 music evolve, like people should be too

Brandon Chin said:
HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the hybrid theory/meteora linklin park back. Thats the lp i fell in love with not this techno trash
I just don't like it, it does not make me less of a Linkin Park fan, and I am not saying that I want them to stay the same, I just dont like this song, it is personal, and it does not mean I am totally dissing the whole album I have it on preorder like every other Linkin Park Album. I did not say it was not Linkin Park, I said I DID Not like it. It is a personal choice and it is those differences that make humanity what it is.

michael said:
Im so sick of you fake LP fans talking about how you want the old LP back, Hybrid Theory Meteora etc, GIMME A BREAK. This is not 1999 for Gods sake. The band shows its level of skill through the growth and change in the albums and styles. For one it would be boring if every album and song sounded like Hybrid Theory, and you would probably be the same people then complaing that they all sound the same. BUT ITS 11 years later, there older, they have made solid albums every album since day 1. Great side projects. This album will be awesome. Catalyst is awesome, perfect for Medal Of Honor Video game.
AND TO SARA LOBB and Brandon, this song does not sound like everything else... OPEN YOUR EARS.
If you want to listen to OLD LP pop Hybrid theory, Meteora or Reanimation in you got 3 albums to choose from, want something different you pop in M2M, now we will get a new vibe with A thousand SUNS cant wait. Then take your butt to there concert and relive the past and the present and comprehend again why they are the best band ever. Live they smash there old songs, there M2M songs sound better and they rock out.
YES HYBRID THEORY IS HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE LP ALBUM, THEN METEORA, THEN M2M but they are all good and its not a rap/rock LIMP BIZKIT PHASE ANYMORE, its growth and real music and you can hear that LP IS ENJOYING WHAT THEY DO NOW MORE THEN EVER.
Well. This is not what Mike said the album would sound like. I think the new single is FUCKEN BULSHIT. It's this fucken techno shit. I was thinking the new album would combine elements from Hybrid Theory. Meteora, and Minutes to Midnight. Linkin Park has always been awsome from HT to today. I will give the album a chance. But this song sucks. Just my personal opinion. I do believe Linkin Park is gona lose fans like this. Alright.
PS: for the people that are saying that they want old LP back. Just be quiet. Dont even care to coment. LP stated that they are not going back to their old style in so many interviews. The guz have matured now and think diffrently. most bands do that.
Linkin Park forever said:
Well. This is not what Mike said the album would sound like. I think the new single is FUCKEN BULSHIT. It's this fucken techno shit. I was thinking the new album would combine elements from Hybrid Theory. Meteora, and Minutes to Midnight. Linkin Park has always been awsome from HT to today. I will give the album a chance. But this song sucks. Just my personal opinion. I do believe Linkin Park is gona lose fans like this. Alright.
PS: for the people that are saying that they want old LP back. Just be quiet. Dont even care to coment. LP stated that they are not going back to their old style in so many interviews. The guz have matured now and think diffrently. most bands do that.

Finally we have someone smart who dislikes this song - the PS part anyway.This is not techno though, the only thing reminiscent of techno is the drums that start after the first chorus, everything else is LP. Secondly, Chester said once that it would be a blend of HT and M2M, but also more electronic. Thirdly, none of us know how the album going to sound yet so don't infer. I personally think the track's got some great melodies, love the bass, awesome outro, however I don't really like the effects on their voices nor the "godliness" of the song. All in all, its epic.
I think The Catalyst is very good. I'm very happy they're continuing what they started on MTM - ditching the formulaic/commercial writing and trying something daring.
Really looking forwards to the album.

Linkin Park forever said:
Well. This is not what Mike said the album would sound like. I think the new single is FUCKEN BULSHIT. It's this fucken techno shit. I was thinking the new album would combine elements from Hybrid Theory. Meteora, and Minutes to Midnight.

lol, wut?
Mike has been saying for over a year that ATS would not sound like their past albums, so Idon't know why you were expecting that.

And another big lol at whoever said TC was pop (It's not, BTW), and would probably hapilly listen to bland, formulaic stuff like Somewhere I Belong, Numb or What I've Done.
The song is really good but like everyone says it's not the old Linkin park... The idea of creating music thats different from other albums is risky.... new fans will be gained and some will be lost..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service