Just heard the snippet for wretches and kinds, and really heard that LP energy from "old school" LP, It was better than Hybrid and Meteora 

Tags: catalyst, linkin, meteora, park, suns, thousand

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For those who complain about lack of guitars in the song either have a hearing problem or they don't have their speaker up. The guitars come in after the two minute mark in the song.
Old school better, but linkinpark won't ever get old
Love It.
CamaroLp said:
Gr2En_Light said:
Не знаю переведете ли Вы то что я написал, НО этот сингл ПОЛНАЯ ХРЕНЬ!!! Такое ощущение, что Вы пишите музыку для СЕБЯ(хотите заработать, так как такую музыку будут ставить на радио и показывать на ТВ), а не для людей. Помню на концерт в Питере 26.07.09, я ехал с хрен знает откуда, ради ВАС и 3х первых альбомов. Если же этот альбом будет в стиле как и ЭТОТ сингл(херня), то я даже скачивать его не буду. Вспомните пожалуйста за какие песни(альбомы) Вас полюбили! А то сейчас Вы похожи на продажных девок, которые на все пойдут лишь бы срубить бабла. ЖАЛЬ только ТО, что Вам на эти мои слова ПОФИГУ и Вы будете дальше рубить бабло...
Я не понимаю почему ты так возмущаешься из-за этой песни. И так обзывать их за то, что тебе это не понравилось - это перебор!
--------
This single is of wonderful beauty. I very like it

Если бы эта песня была в каком нибудь ЛПУ, то ладно. НО не в офф Альбоме!! И поверь этот техно трэш и сопли в песнях будут только рости. Правильно говорил Кори Тейлор: "Если занялись музыкой, то занимайтесь ей. И не забывайте своих фанатов, из за которых вы стали известными." Здесь я этого не вижу. Из всех альтернативных групп которые я слушаю, НИодна не поменяла свой стиль. Что, к сожалению, не скажешь о ЛП. Они стали попсой и торговой маркой. Все эти картины, обувь, тату салоны, игры и еще бог знает что. Не ужели я не прав и за ВСЕМ этим не стоит желание побольше срубить бабла?
Im so sick of you fake LP fans talking about how you want the old LP back, Hybrid Theory Meteora etc, GIMME A BREAK. This is not 1999 for Gods sake. The band shows its level of skill through the growth and change in the albums and styles. For one it would be boring if every album and song sounded like Hybrid Theory, and you would probably be the same people then complaing that they all sound the same. BUT ITS 11 years later, there older, they have made solid albums every album since day 1. Great side projects. This album will be awesome. Catalyst is awesome, perfect for Medal Of Honor Video game.
AND TO SARA LOBB and Brandon, this song does not sound like everything else... OPEN YOUR EARS.
If you want to listen to OLD LP pop Hybrid theory, Meteora or Reanimation in you got 3 albums to choose from, want something different you pop in M2M, now we will get a new vibe with A thousand SUNS cant wait. Then take your butt to there concert and relive the past and the present and comprehend again why they are the best band ever. Live they smash there old songs, there M2M songs sound better and they rock out.
YES HYBRID THEORY IS HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE LP ALBUM, THEN METEORA, THEN M2M but they are all good and its not a rap/rock LIMP BIZKIT PHASE ANYMORE, its growth and r

Its fans like you that kill a band. I also think the singe is utter BULLSHIT but i am a really fan. Their first 2 albums are the best and MTM was the worst one. Now i would want the old LP back but seems that is impossible. LP can do whatever music they want, but we fans dont have to accept or like them all. So shut up.

This song consists of pop beats, lyrics repetition, and i mean ALL over the ENTIRE song, and its really weak. I was expecting much more from you guys, but it seems you are losing it all, i just hope the rest of the album doesnt sound like the single.
DESU!

Desu_Desu_Desu said:
Im so sick of you fake LP fans talking about how you want the old LP back, Hybrid Theory Meteora etc, GIMME A BREAK. This is not 1999 for Gods sake. The band shows its level of skill through the growth and change in the albums and styles. For one it would be boring if every album and song sounded like Hybrid Theory, and you would probably be the same people then complaing that they all sound the same. BUT ITS 11 years later, there older, they have made solid albums every album since day 1. Great side projects. This album will be awesome. Catalyst is awesome, perfect for Medal Of Honor Video game.
AND TO SARA LOBB and Brandon, this song does not sound like everything else... OPEN YOUR EARS.
If you want to listen to OLD LP pop Hybrid theory, Meteora or Reanimation in you got 3 albums to choose from, want something different you pop in M2M, now we will get a new vibe with A thousand SUNS cant wait. Then take your butt to there concert and relive the past and the present and comprehend again why they are the best band ever. Live they smash there old songs, there M2M songs sound better and they rock out.
YES HYBRID THEORY IS HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE LP ALBUM, THEN METEORA, THEN M2M but they are all good and its not a rap/rock LIMP BIZKIT PHASE ANYMORE, its growth and r

Its fans like you that kill a band. I also think the singe is utter BULLSHIT but i am a really fan. Their first 2 albums are the best and MTM was the worst one. Now i would want the old LP back but seems that is impossible. LP can do whatever music they want, but we fans dont have to accept or like them all. So shut up.

This song consists of pop beats, lyrics repetition, and i mean ALL over the ENTIRE song, and its really weak. I was expecting much more from you guys, but it seems you are losing it all, i just hope the rest of the album doesnt sound like the single.
i wrote this: (somehow the forum didnt quote the reply)

This song consists of pop beats, lyrics repetition, and i mean ALL over the ENTIRE song, and its really weak. I was expecting much more from you guys, but it seems you are losing it all, i just hope the rest of the album doesn't sound like the single.
Gr2En_Light :...Они стали попсой...

Я тебе скажу - это не попса. Во-первых - попса не бывает с такими текстами, во-вторых - это по стилю музыки нельзя отнести к попсе. Ну то, что они стали, как ты сказал "торговой маркой" - мне на это наплевать. Для меня важнее музыка, а она и них отличная
I'm gonna write this as directed towards the band:

You guys created some of the music that contributed to my love of music and really helped build my love for and musical taste for all styles of music. I listen to this new song, and it almost brings me to tears how... unlike your sound this is. Now, im not saying you sold out, and Im not saying you create trash music... But I hope you guys realize as artist you gave your listeners a means of interpreting your music, a canvas of what you are if you will. You paint on your canvas quite well... To me it seems you wanted to try and create something new and brilliant with this song and with Minutes to Midnight... Paint on A different canvas, creating a different kind of art. The people who like you painting on your normal canvas dont like your new canvas(es)

You seem to have tried to hard to keep yourself relevant and new, looking at what everyone else is doing then trying to adapt your sound to it. If this is true, your doing quite well, but that's not why people like you... you established a fanbase and a sound that people recognize. Abandoning it for the sake of the "now" is the mistake I see alot of bands who fall apart make. Stick to your sound and continue evolving it. It's worked for KISS, It worked for the Beatles, You catch my drift?... You guys Seriously changed your sound with only 4 albums, and your legacy will die if you carry on like you have. Sticking to what you do best does not devalue you as an artist, it makes you even better at what you do!

Evolution and maturing your sound does not mean change it entirely,or try something entirely different it means build onto and DEFINE what you already have created. To me the perfect example of an evolving sound is Hybrid Theory to Meteora. I honestly thought Reanimation was the most amazing album release of my lifetime, and i still hold that to this day, but your typical fan could not see past it's tracks "being the same song with a different name". I always thought if you carried the sound of reanimation but with new material it would be amazing. You took what you painted with HT and put it into a different viewpoint and that was what was so amazing about it. Anyways, Meteora still seemed like, looked like, and tasted like LP... Very hard to say that about HT to M2M or Meteora to M2M. M2M is like reinventing something that was already good for something mediocre, something that everybody else was doing.

Now this song, "The Catalyst"... It's different... It's even further from what people associate you with than M2M and I know no other mainstream act that is doing anything remotely similar. That being said, it doesnt make it Good, but it doesnt make it as horrible as everyone is making it out to be. You guys are experimenting with different canvases and that's cool... but your fans and supporters want you to continue to paint and evolve on canvases you have given us before. You keep on changing on us and everytime you release your art its like were looking at something from a different artist, and it hurts us, especially when it's not what we normally listen to, or something we never saw you creating. This seems like it should be under a different project name, This and M2M... We all love you guys, but I think the general consensus of the fan base is that you paint better on the same canvases you explored with HT and Meteora. Dont be afraid of what made you what you are!! I know you guys are happy being able to do w/e the heck you want, being truly free artist... But it comes with a price.
You maybe right on the song. This is not one of their best, I agree. But you are wrong about the fan part. If I were you I would speak only for myself, not in the name of other people. If you would do a little research you would see that most of the fans actually like the changes.

MarianoVan said:
DESU!

That was a nice one. I agree with you on everything but one little thing. Some people actually like the path LP has chosen. And the fan base wasn't created entirely with HT and Meteora. Some people became fans after M2M. My parents are among them. And the fans who are down since '99 are split between those who want the old art back and those who accepted the new one. So I wouldn't really say that there's a price to pay. The price is loosing the "old art fans" but as I said, new people become "new art fans" every day. It's like a balance.

I hope you understand this, I'm not much of a metaphor guy.....
Some people like that path, but what they are sacrificing with constant change is less and less people are gonna like them... It's not a good thing when you loose a bunch of your fan base. I heard M2M did horrible in the UK... The US tour after M2M was like??? Who the eff are these dudes in relation to LP? But the UK tour looked more like a Projeckt Revolution from the older Days... There are alot of fans who absolutely hate M2M and yes they did gain alot of fans... but that's not the point, Every piece of art you create defines you. those who it appeals to define you...

Teo said:
That was a nice one. I agree with you on everything but one little thing. Some people actually like the path LP has chosen. And the fan base wasn't created entirely with HT and Meteora. Some people became fans after M2M. My parents are among them. And the fans who are down since '99 are split between those who want the old art back and those who accepted the new one. So I wouldn't really say that there's a price to pay. The price is loosing the "old art fans" but as I said, new people become "new art fans" every day. It's like a balance.

I hope you understand this, I'm not much of a metaphor guy.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service