Hi everyone :)

I just thought I'd share that what I've been waiting for, and what some businesses and politicians in Australia have been doing everything they can to avoid, has finally happened (on Wednesday). Yaaayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! Big polluters now have to pay a carbon tax, so I hope they will start trying to use alternative energies or find environmentally cleaner ways to do what they do, rather than just trying to palm off the carbon tax onto the general public or sacking workers or whatever. :) :) :)

Here's hoping! :) Have a good one, all!!! :)

Tags: Australia, carbon, polluters, tax

Views: 38

Replies to This Discussion

That's a shame the politicians are all smokers :( I think perhaps not so many in my Government, 'cause they put the price of cigarettes up, as well as making cigarette companies put health warnings on the packages, and recently they put through a bill to make them use plain packaging (not branded) on them, though I don't really understand that one - seems it would only give all brands an equal footing, rather than dissuading anyone from smoking simply because the package is no longer 'fancy' or whatever ;D Hope you get some more non-smokers in Government and they put through higher prices etc on smokes. :) :) :)
Greek Goverment has made the cigarette companies to put health warnings on the packages too...but i don't see any change in the situation...!

Aaralyn D said:
That's a shame the politicians are all smokers :( I think perhaps not so many in my Government, 'cause they put the price of cigarettes up, as well as making cigarette companies put health warnings on the packages, and recently they put through a bill to make them use plain packaging (not branded) on them, though I don't really understand that one - seems it would only give all brands an equal footing, rather than dissuading anyone from smoking simply because the package is no longer 'fancy' or whatever ;D Hope you get some more non-smokers in Government and they put through higher prices etc on smokes. :) :) :)

you don't know Filipino people do you? Most Filipinos, once got addicted will find a way to continue on what they are addicted at. Like drugs and that....

Hmm....i don't think that all filipino people are the same. ;)

Dp.NeRRuTa said:

you don't know Filipino people do you? Most Filipinos, once got addicted will find a way to continue on what they are addicted at. Like drugs and that....

I said most

It's not like I'm against my countrymen

Just those bastards who feel like Philippines is their litter box

Yes - in our country, the only difference that made was in the number of new people taking up smoking - it decreased in people mid-20's and above (but below that it has increased! Terrible!).

Georgia18 said:
Greek Goverment has made the cigarette companies to put health warnings on the packages too...but i don't see any change in the situation...!

Aaralyn D said:

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service