Feel free to chare your Coming Out stories here. (whether you're just thinking you may be bi/gay/lesbien but aren't sure or you've been out of the closet for ages)

Please, no gay-bashing/homophobic remarks or judgemental remarks.
(example of judgemental: "homosexuality is a sin because the Bible/God/Jesus/other religious einity says so")
Again, if you do not have anything nice to say, please kindly go elsewhere to say it.

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

Fortunately, my family is very accepting. My younger sister came out as bisexual before me, so it was very easy for me to say that I found the gender of a person irrelevant.
I haven't come out to my entire family, and I'm not sure I ever will (unless I end up marrying a woman, obviously), but my parents and brother are very understanding. My friends are as well and give me all the support I need whenever someone is trash talking me because of my sexuality and whatnot. I'm grateful for all the love I have, all the non judgmental people I know. (:

My dad even made a joke like, "Well...at least you can't get pregnant!" ♥
LOL @ your dad :) that's great though

[I'll go into my story someother time.... damn time limit on the computer >|]

MyWorstEnemy94 said:
I haven't come out to my entire family, and I'm not sure I ever will (unless I end up marrying a woman, obviously), but my parents and brother are very understanding. My friends are as well and give me all the support I need whenever someone is trash talking me because of my sexuality and whatnot. I'm grateful for all the love I have, all the non judgmental people I know. (:

My dad even made a joke like, "Well...at least you can't get pregnant!" ♥
Well, I started believing I was gay back when I was 12, when I started having this "thing" for guys with nice, toned bodies - in particular seeing/feeling their hard muscles. Anyway, I just kept telling myself that I just had a physical attraction to them - just because of the muscles - but would never have sex with another man.

Fast forward a couple years (age 15) my parents and I have a heated discussion that I thought was leadeding to them about to ask if I was gay; so I blurted out that I wasn't and the convo ended shortly thereafter. Then, age 18, my senior year; I finally start coming out - to my best friend, "Knightraven"

He seemed to take it pretty well, but a few years later, find out that it bugged him alot - and that he was quite homophobic. So I keep quiet for a few more years before just saying 'fuck it' and start telling people I am gay if they ask. (during which time I start dating my boyfriend, Topher.)

Then, finally this past July, I tell mom and dad I am gay. Considering their religious beliefs, they took it fairly well. I mean, yeah, they didn't have to tell me that I have to become straight or go to hell; but they still love me.

I still have yet to come out to the rest of my family.

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service