Well the discussion about the video of Catalyst seems to be finished on grp wall. But still there's some question in my mind and im still really eager to know ur idea about that!

I dont mean do u like it or not! Or why do u like it?? I just wanna know in ur opinion, what is the Video telling us?? What does it mean?? Those smokes, ppl with masks and and etc...

I think this video is showing us a kinda fight, right? What do u think??

Tags: Catalyst, LinkinPark, The, Video

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

w0W negin! Perfect, yeah thats it! The thing u said is what i was tryin to say but i didnt kn0w h0w ro say that Specially the part that LP is trying to calling us! Yeah i think LP isnt describing just some ppl who r in war or attacked. I think most of ppl in many societies r in such a condition and i feel LP is still talkin ab0ut me. I mean i really feel the pain that Catalyst video is talkin about. My pain!
When i saw the video, i felt i saw those men with mask, many times before! Yeah we have so many ppl wirh mask in our society, although we cant see them clearly, but we r facing with the effects of what they do(smokes) and it is making the life hard 4 us!

NeGiN said:
mania I totaly agree with idea that it shows the world that we are living, just like full of cruel and war and we all try to make the situation better but we justdestroying ourselves!
ali be nazare manam un adamaye mask dar mesle adamayi hastan ke baaese un dud va gas haye sami shodan ke khodeshun mask zaddan vali baghiye bedun mask daran ba una mobareze mikonan!!...kesayi ke tu donya baese in kara shodan va mardom hartor ke shode moghabeleshun vaymistan..
lp mikhad bege ke ma tu chenin donyayi zendegi mikonim!
I think lp just want the world to be aware of these and call everyone to make the world better...(in my idea its the propose of AtS callin ppl for help!)
...yeah,ppl in masks,we cant realy see them clearly,but we can see their effects SO CLEAR in our lifes...
the reason we feel they mean us is because of same problem! the interesting part of lp,song for whole universe but true for everyone in personal,
I mean maybe some countries are having same situation in their society too,thats the world....(but it cant be as ruined as our situation..!!)...(distracted! we enetered politics!)
This is what Joe said exactly:

"When coming up with the idea for our new music video, "The Catalyst," I thought of the end of the world. What would it be like if someone could push a button to decide our fate? What would it feel like if we accept our fate in the moment of devastation? How would we celebrate our one final living moment?"

so I still think it's mainly trying to show an end, and all of the unusual scenes we see in the video are there to make it more abnormal, to look more like a final moment, to add up some tension to it, and of course, to make the video more artistic and interesting...
but I must admit, I hadn't paid much attention to those people with masks, I'm not sure who they are, for me it's like a flashback to Mike's Glorious Excess character, but looking back at Joe's comment on the video, I think they represent the "someone" who's going to "push a button to decide our fate".
Hawk,actually it's a joke that someone wants to be in GOD's place & god say to him ok but don't press this red button,he accept but he push it &...ye meghdar tulaniye

ThE BlaCK HaWK said:
This is what Joe said exactly:

"When coming up with the idea for our new music video, "The Catalyst," I thought of the end of the world. What would it be like if someone could push a button to decide our fate? What would it feel like if we accept our fate in the moment of devastation? How would we celebrate our one final living moment?"

so I still think it's mainly trying to show an end, and all of the unusual scenes we see in the video are there to make it more abnormal, to look more like a final moment, to add up some tension to it, and of course, to make the video more artistic and interesting...
but I must admit, I hadn't paid much attention to those people with masks, I'm not sure who they are, for me it's like a flashback to Mike's Glorious Excess character, but looking back at Joe's comment on the video, I think they represent the "someone" who's going to "push a button to decide our fate".
Well hawk, u know maybe Joe hahn called it the final they cuz he feels we r so near to that day. I mean i realy felt i know the situation and i am in such position. I think its not a simple End of the world and ppl runing and screaming as described in Quran!!
I think its a kinda end that human made it, i mean bad human (mask men). But im still sure ab0ut whatver i said ab0ut the video, they r us!

Mania tosifet az mask va adamai ke mask mizaran jaleb bud thanx!
OMG u guys have the most awesomest ways of thinking ;)
I as most of u guys think
it's about the end , the struggles they are in wile this world goes to distraction and the water can mean two things purifying and suffocating
The colors represent art and joy
Tye part where Joe says how can we celebrate this time? I think the answer is just doing a fawor and bring joy for others and making the darkness colorful (a better place )
Fogs are showing the uncertainty of the event and how every thing is full of doubt and blindness
The masked ppl well ,shows hiding identatys of the face under them
Of they just might mean the difference between good and evil
Or doroyi
Ppl runing away , fighting
Guys

Awesome video
I love it I can truly say it's one of lp's best ever
Oh and the mike finger part shows order and anger and gidence but I'm not sure what I can say about the tounge sticking part xD
Yeah zahra , u described it in go0d way. And im agree the this is one of the bests!

Btw! Guess what ppl?? My mom saw the video and she just told it was one of the Video Clips she saw ever!
And then, she asked me to give the download link of this video to her. Cuz she wanted to share it on Google Reader. And she did it!!! Actually i gave her some pics of the video to attach her post! Ya she really loved it! :P
Eeeeeeeee? Remind me to show it to my mom tooXD
Sooo she didn't say anything nasty? Awesome man cool mom!

ΛLi said:
Yeah zahra , u described it in go0d way. And im agree the this is one of the bests!

Btw! Guess what ppl?? My mom saw the video and she just told it was one of the Video Clips she saw ever!
And then, she asked me to give the download link of this video to her. Cuz she wanted to share it on Google Reader. And she did it!!! Actually i gave her some pics of the video to attach her post! Ya she really loved it! :P
ohhh yaaaaaah i know.. i know... im tooo late:(
but hey! i did enjoy it and it was soooo cool readin ur ideas guyz \m/
now if u like, here's my opinion abt the whole vid:)

1st, lets look at what the song is entitled: Catalyst... but why?.. it can b what Puria said... abt a chemical substance that accelerates a reaction or a change... so this vid is gonna talk abt "sth" that is the cause of "a big change" in the world, causing The End approaches! (agree with what hawk said, abt Joe's idea)
and all this smoke (it looks more like "mist" tho)... yah, the chemical reactions... but it can b the sign of our misery, which is almost Not solvable!!
btw... deqat kardin k hamejaye in video ya un dude ya aab?... be joz mashini k Mike tushe!... it feels like a shelter to me! yani Mike (namade yeki az ma adama k mikhad harfesho bezane) panah borde be un mashin: ye jaye tango baste, engar khodesho habs karde k az moshkelate Brun dur bemune, va betune harfesho ham bege!!

when looking at the water... kheyli zolal va pake, vali siah dide mishe va chester ham kheyli narahat, dare faryad mizane, engar k dare qarq mishe!... aab siah dide mishe, khob in reflectione donyaye atrafeshe be nazare man... masalan age ma darya ro abi o qashang miBnim be khatere asemune abi o qashange bala sareshe... tu in video asemun (vaziate mardom) siaho tarike... engar k donyaye zeshte atrafemun paktarin chiz'ha ro ham siah karde!
ya na... age az 1 zavieye dg negah konim, water causes cleanliness... vali farz konin ye nafar k baDhaye ziaD tu zendegish mortakeb shode, bekhad una ro remove kone... khob mosalaman barash dardnake! yani getting rid of all that darkness!
chester faryad mizane va engar dare qarq mishe (vali taqriban aslan dasto pa nemizane va faqat faryade!)... maybe its tryna say that age qarar bashe in baDha az donya pak she, naTjash mishe kolli jang o eterazo narezayaT az tarafe unayi k in vaz' ro doros kardan!!
rasT!!... az un LIGHT hich harfi nazaDn... 1 nure shaDde k dare mitabe dakhele aab (kami ham sabz rang be nazar miad!)

ruye un shisheye shekaste.... chi neveshte?!!.... i could only make out the last 2 letters: “----HE”! poshte un shishe ham ye nafar vaysade engar! ye chiz mesle ye zanjire gonde (ya ye gorz k tahesh ye zanjire) dasteshe!! az hamun adam mask darast, na?!

dg... khunehaye nime virun ro miBnim... hatta 1 ja hame chiz dare foru mirize va dar hale collapse'an...
az jayi ham k Hahn shuru mikone be kare DJyie khodesh ruye dastgahesh ba un disk, ranga avaz mishe! tasvir 1 formi mishe (nemidunam dalili dare?!) :D
hame darhali tarCdano farar mikonan k un adamaye mask dar kamelan aruman va 1 juri ham "stealthily" daran kare khodeshuno mikonan! man Bshtar in qesmat ro C.a.C (plitical) miBnam!... in jangayi k tu 2nya ra miofte, hamishe hadde aqal yeki az 2 taraf va3 manafe'e khodesh mijange... bedune tarC az koshtane mardome Bgonah!.... in gaz’aye sammi ham k tu janga ziad estefade mishan! LP baraye inke video ziad rango buye C.a.C nagire be jaye inke az Gun ya missile estefade konan, az in gaza estefade kardan (in my opinion!)
haminjast k CATALYST va3 man make sense mikone: "ma adama tu in 2nya be andazeye kafi dardesar darim! dg vay be hale vaqT k 1 seri va3 khodkhahie khodeshun in badbakhtia ro har ruz ba karashun 'Bshtar' va 'badtar' konan!"

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service