DO NOT SPAM

A forum or a chat conversation consists of a multi-way conversation between people on the Internet.  Sometimes a band member would like to participate in the conversation or has something to tell us. Treat a band member like you would your friend.  If your friend had an important story to tell, you wouldn't interrupt them in the middle to say OMG COME TO ARGENTINA!

This is the reality of any time we see a band member wanting a conversation: They never GET one. Anyone saying anything off the chosen topic is not contributing to the conversation's natural flow. If Linkin Park is talking about the new album, you should not be talking about your country, you should be talking about the new album too.

It is incredibly rude and selfish to interrupt when someone is talking about something else, and worst of all, this has discouraged band members from participating online. And also, the band member will not pay attention to you except perhaps to tell you to buzz off. But, someone who says something about the topic might actually get a real reply from the band, and after a while they'll start really paying attention to you.

But eventually, if people keep saying things that aren't on topic, the band members can get frustrated.  They don't understand incredibly fast chats, especially when nobody is saying anything on the topic.  Eventually they will get fed up with the rudeness of their fans and quit chatting. This is why they no longer visit ustream, and possibly why Mike Shinoda is the only band member online at all.  It got too clogged with too many people saying nothing, and there was no way for the band to communicate to the people who had something to say.

Things that ARE spam:

"Come to my country!"

"When are you coming to _________ ?" (BTW, then answer is ALWAYS that they dont know, they're humans, not psychic).

A link to your personal website.  What selfishness.

Posting about some random story about you that has nothing to do with the topic

Not speaking English in a topic that was started in English. (This also makes it hard on the moderators, don't do it). Agreeing on a language keeps the conversation smooth. There are other places to talk in your mother's tongue. You are welcome to find a group here in your own language. By posting in an English thread you are basically agreeing to participate in English.

A question regarding a family member or their personal life (If you know any of their family member's names, you are a stalker, or you read stalker websites, and you should just keep quiet and not creep them out). you WILL creep them out and they will try their best to avoid you.

If a chat is busy, avoid things like "LOL."

Last, but not least, telling people in a chat to "STOP SPAMMING."  Do not spam in order to stop spam. Duh. Just stop posting.

Things you should DO

Read the entire discussion thread (or the newest 10 pages) before replying. Don't just read the first post and then reply to just that first post. That is not how you participate in a conversation, because everyone who replied is important too.

Lurk Moar.

If a band member calls for people to stop spamming, DONT SAY ANYTHING

Please don't let the LPU become the next ustream.

My name is KATHYxx, I had a private chat with Mike Shinoda once, and I didn't spam a single time.

Tags: Linkin, Mike, Park, Shinoda, band, chat, conversation, spam, talk

Views: 148

Replies to This Discussion

As proof that NING sucks, copying and pasting in NING makes the font BLACK (#00000). you have to manually change it to white (#FFFFFF) in HTML mode.

What fecking crummy software. sorry if you couldn't read some of that post before,

Num Num Num

Take notes people!

hahaha damn you derek!

yes i agree. but this wont help the ignorant's that lurk within these site's. lol

lmao, this picture is funny.

dereklp said:

Num Num Num

Share this forum topic everywhere because I am 100% agree with you!!

Not only that, they're on a tight schedule touring

Leslie Serpas said:

I appreciate this.They are humans, and I understand that it would be difficult to keep up when people are talking about a million different things at once.

Indeed. I just hope that all the fans would realize this and make it a pleasant experience for the band to chat with us. I also hope that the band would come back and chat more often.

hi:) i used to don’t know what spam means........ soo sorry,im not good at english:'(.…used to think its kind of great food:D !en, but now i know, i agree with you2!!! and i think, every one should see that!!! ur soo cool ! :) and i think , thinking about others feelings is more important!!:) i think:) if he or she is ur friend,your brother or sister~u will be soo glad to hear from he or she:) just my view:)~

This x1,000,000.

so as i was saying back to square 1

and you ppl are actually posting here wow XD

well if someone is friends with the mod, do tell them this place is too cramped up utilize the space in the left and right for god's sake

wait i can edit my comment only till 15 min after I posted it? afterwards its like a public shame?

#fail

word

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service