I think the fan club should add another feature for the LPU members to gain early access to the ground floors before the public does since we are paying that little bit extra for the fan club and showing our support.

I'm sure that many of you including myself would appreciate this feature very much.  This could be a daily/yearly task similar to what they do with the Meet and Greets and have a access point for the LPU members to meet up somewhere different in the venue before the show starts.

What do you think? Lets make this happen

-Colin Reid

Tags: Shows

Views: 341

Replies to This Discussion

@sarock87 If that's the case then that would get many more public fans to join the fan club to enjoy those benefits. It's there loss not ours.

@Colin many can't join. Too young and parents against paying for the club. And why have these fans to join only for having the chance of the first row?
 If the band wants to have this, (because maybe then more people would joy into the club,) then they should give concerts only for LPU members. But then they will lost some fans or people goging to concerts.

This thinking isn't correct. I respect every person, who don't want to join the club ,because of some members behaving like they are something better or other reasons. and thats the reason why I say, I don't agree. i know a lot of people, who like LP but can't or want join LPU because all the benefits only for members (M&G). We need such benefits thats okay, but Headquarter can do something against this gap. and then maybe some people will join.

And wheres the concert feeling of waiting outsider with other fans, meeting new people and the "run of the best places"?

Oh, that's what I've asked to add this benefit also to Adam but he hasn't answer me yet :( 

I absolutely agree with you because we pay 60 dollars for joining a fan club, i know we have a lot of benefits such as Summits(attended at one in Germany :D), video chats with the bands meet&greet and so on and i'm also aware of the fact that you've suggested would not be correct for the people who aren't a LPU member

but as i said before, we pay 60 dollars (and not 30 like before) and i think we should deserve the first access to the shows! 

Also, i think they should give us the opportunity to have some discounts at the official store, what do you think about my idea?

WE deserve it? WYH?
Because we have enought money to pay the membership? No words, sorry. We dersve nothing. We are not better then the other!
I am glad about Adam not answer to this idea.

They rais up the price - okay. But as I know the annual merch paket was not for free, before. Is it correct or do I have a wrong information.I am not sure.
If it is correct so you have got you benefit for the raising up.

it is nothing wrong with your idea of discounts at the store. But because I know bands earn more with their merch as with the selling of CD's, I think a discount at times would be enough.

Yes, i think we deserve it because we pay 60 dollars (and 60 dollars for a fan club is really much!) 

I'm not saying we're better than other non-members and neither am i saying i am disappointed with the actual benefits of the fan club, even because this year i had everything from the band ( 2 concerts, 1 meet&greet in Frankfurt and a Summit in Germany). I've just said it WOULD be great if Linkin Park could give this amazing (to me) opportunity because, not all the people are able to get the first row (for example, i've never got it, because i'm too short and small and the other people always push me behind, and it's not nice, trust me!)

Well, this is my first year of membership (just last october my mother has allowed me to subscribe here) soi cannot answer you, but i'm sure other people can do and we will see :)

For the discount, i meant almost for the items such as t-shirts, outwears and so on, the price of the CDs is not that expensive :) 

I know what you meaned as you say discount.
And I also know how rude it sometimes can be in the first few rows. If it is LP, Mars or some other bands. It is mostly the same.

Still i don't think 'cause we are paying, makes us deserve anything.
Of course you didn't say "we're better", but that's the external image of LPU members. If we get early entrance, this would help to improve that.

I suggest to you, if we both want to elaborate this, we can write emails here.

But, if you think we deserve nothing, then we neither deserve the current benefit and so we shouldn't have them and that would be a non-sense because we would pay for nothing! (i don't know if you got the point)

In my opinion the eternal image of LPU member is not "we're better" as maybe most of people think but i think it is "pay pay more than the other for getting more than the other" and if i remember good, that's also what Mike said: "if you give more you get more" (it's something like that, he wrote an article in his blog a few months ago just about this subject: LPU members and non-LPU member. 

That's not exactly true. I'm a hardcore fan but I can't afford LPU or even to go to one of their concerts. :/ And I'm sure that their are others that can't afford it either and are still hardcore fans.

Reply by Sol Jordal
We kinda deserve it though..... LPU fans are the most hardcore fans worldwide ;D
And for the record I don't think LPUers should get early access. You probably think I'm just saying that cause I can't afford it but thats not it. LPUers already get opportunities that other fans can't get. Like the live chats with the band, videos and you get the chance to go to meet and greets. And probably plenty of other stuff too. So isn't that enough? Cause for people who worked hard to get tickets to come in and see a bunch of people already up in the front and waiting, that will just kinda suck...won't it? Just something to think about. =)

I am LPU member and I totally agree with you. I don*t know if Renèe GOT this point, but we get enough benefits for the membership.

Renèe I don't like the word "deserve". That's why I always say we do not deserve anything. The current benefits are okay and enough for this 60$

I quote: "In my opinion the eternal image of LPU member is not "we're better" as maybe most of people think but i think it is "pay pay more than the other for getting more than the other"."
Pay more...for getting more... right, this should be the eternal image and the bands intention, but reality is another one. Ask non-members, ask Elizabeth. I speak to lot of non-members and explain the intention of LPU and being LPU member.

It is not correct to get a benefit in every case or everywhere. Because this is somethink like class stratifitcation.
Oh Mike Shinoda wrote something in his blog, then all people I know (including me) have to be wrong! Right, he wrote something about being member and non-member. Have I to be same opinion? No. I think that he is wrong in some points, too. Not all points wrong, but he has got a different view then the fans. He is not able to see the thinks like the fans do. It is not possible to do that for anybody.
Don't get me wrong, I like Mike, I like LPU and I respect your opinion. I try to explain my opinion and some people try to narrow the gap between the fans.

Elizabeth*<3 Breaking the Habit* said:

And for the record I don't think LPUers should get early access. You probably think I'm just saying that cause I can't afford it but thats not it. LPUers already get opportunities that other fans can't get. Like the live chats with the band, videos and you get the chance to go to meet and greets. And probably plenty of other stuff too. So isn't that enough? Cause for people who worked hard to get tickets to come in and see a bunch of people already up in the front and waiting, that will just kinda suck...won't it? Just something to think about. =)
Colin for president!

Sarock, i got the point you're a LPUer..and yeah, maybe "deserve" is a wrong word for this case as you said. The people who think we're better than them because we're LPUer, well i think THEY are totally wrong and probably they're also a little bit jealous (didn't really want to say that, but i think that's the truth).

I don't get you wrong i can imagine you do like Mike but i recognize that Mike and the other LP member are not always right and i respect your opinion too. 

But i said that i agree with Colin (who proposed to add this other opportunity) because i think that would be really a great idea, not just for us but i think also for Linkin Park, because they will get a lot of other people who will join LPU!

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service