Hard to believe it's time to start thinking about LPU11, but it is! Over the years, we've used your feedback to help us decide on items to include in our annual package. Previous items have included a device case, patches, stickers, guitar picks, a carabiner keychain, shoelaces and a lot more. Let us know in the replies what you'd like to see in the package next year. KEEP IN MIND: these items must be fairly small (so they're easy to package and ship), and not overly expensive to produce (we can't do ipods, shoes, guitars, or anything like that...).

Let's hear your suggestions. Please note, this is NOT the place for you to give your ideas on the LPU11 CD. We already have that figured out!

Views: 6790

Replies to This Discussion

bare minimum you need a shirt and a cd.  for me, that's what it was always about.  and shirts need to be at least 2xl, it baffled me that this year they didn't print any in this size (though i did get a replacement for the year one shirt that i had given to an ex when i emailed them about it, thanks for that guys).  i like the lanyard idea that's been posted and discussed too.  a carabiner keychain would be nice seeing as how i wore out my lpu7 one (and my brother lost the extra one i'd gotten and gave to him).  but regardless of what you guys end up packaging in it, we'll love it just the same cause we love the lpu.  one of the best fan clubs out there

The reason we didn't do 2XL (and DEFINITELY won't do bigger than that) is because we sell SO few of them, and they're very expensive to make. We may look in to doing 2XL's again.

Michael Ewing said:

bare minimum you need a shirt and a cd.  for me, that's what it was always about.  and shirts need to be at least 2xl, it baffled me that this year they didn't print any in this size (though i did get a replacement for the year one shirt that i had given to an ex when i emailed them about it, thanks for that guys).  i like the lanyard idea that's been posted and discussed too.  a carabiner keychain would be nice seeing as how i wore out my lpu7 one (and my brother lost the extra one i'd gotten and gave to him).  but regardless of what you guys end up packaging in it, we'll love it just the same cause we love the lpu.  one of the best fan clubs out there

Hey Adam!

A WOMENS TSHIRT PLEASE!!!

I got my package and I love Linkin Park, sooo much. I want the world to know I love Linkin Park. I do not want the world to know that in their LPU tshirt I look dumpy, bloated and resembling the physique of Spongebob Squarepants. Thats in the "small" size.

Its a big deal. Unisex tshirts are really tailored for men, a "small" men's shirt fits a small man. It is wide on the shoulder and loose on the waist. It doesn't fit women... maybe ones on steriods. I am a Linkin Park superfan, and it breaks my heart that wearing the LPU tshirt makes me look and feel horrible.Nipped in on the waist, a slightly scooped neck... I'd wear it every day and feel like a fabulous fan. Not a square one.

and a DVD!!! a special LPU dvd :) that would be fab, and a poster? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOq2xT712Yw

Emma Steventon

xxx

Love the lanyard + laminate idea !
Besides, pendant is nice, and magnet too =)
I love the idea of drum sticks, but it would increase the size of the package only because of its length, so I guess it's not gonna happen =p
And a mini-calendar, why not, I had a lot of LP calendars, but never an LPU one :D

Adam, maybe you can create voting =)?

An idea with a LPU  lanyard is awesome because I collect lanyards :)

Adam said:

Signed stuff... not happening. So that's that.

Womens shirts... it's something we're exploring. The thing with those is, they're actually more expensive to produce than the regular shirts. Plus, we'd be making less of them, making the production cost (then, your package cost) even higher. That's why we've never done womens shirts.

Grab bag.... cool idea, but I think you would be disappointed in the end. Doing a grab bag would mean we had to create a bunch of different stuff, and keep the production cost low, meaning the products would be lame. Plus, putting those packages together and sending them out would be a NIGHTMARE and take even longer than they currently do. Trust me, you don't want us to do a grab bag!!

Calendar.... keep in mind that people buy these packages all year long, so the calendar would be lame come April...

As far as cost, it will probably (don't quote me) be $60 again. Keep in mind, that $60 doesn't just cover the cost of the stuff we make. It also covers your shipping (sometimes as much at $15!), warehouse costs, and packaging/bundling costs (no we don't do this ourselves!). We really don't make much off of these packages. Trust me.

That makes complete sense.
In that case, I would rather you select things that work for both genders and are not specific to certain expensive brand technologies. If it's gonna be technological, it should work for something most people have, like a USB compatible thing.  Also, maybe consider removing the free shipping and lowering the package price so that it doesn't look more expensive than it is. Many people expect to pay shipping separately and internationals expect to pay customs anyway.  Maybe you could restore an online only option for people who don't like the package but like the LPU and would like to join for a cheaper price.

I'm not too keen on the "dolls" idea. That makes Linkin Park look like a little kids thing or makes them look egotistic and I don't see the band putting their approval on it. It's also a little creepy.

I liked the DVD that came with the Fort Minor Militia. I don't know why it's more difficult to do them this time (Fiore is busy?), but that inclusion along with the CD would make the package much more valuable than stickers could ever do. 

I like cincy's notebook idea. It doesn't have to be an agenda because that's a timed thing. But blank pages to write or sketch in or make a scrapbook out of... the possibilities are endless.

EDIT: i would also like an option to omit the men's shirt if I can't have a women's shirt, especially if the package is the only way to get the LPU 11 CD. I would get a men's shirt if the design was elegant anyway, but this isn't true for all LP shirts. Or maybe trade for a coupon for the LP store.

t-shirt and CD for sure other ideas: a nice photo of the band, sticker for car window, a pin of the LP logo, keychain, rubber wristband, magnets

downloadable ideas: video with a message from the guys , code to dl LPU*TV episodes, video version of LP newsletter?

that all i can think of right now :)

And it must looking great =)!

Россия рулит и педалит! =)

Jana Kuznetsova said:

An idea with a LPU  lanyard is awesome because I collect lanyards :)

guitar picks and stickers are cool, but no one uses device cases so i wuldnt include that. the shoelaces and keychain wuld be awesome to have in the annual package. something that i wuld personally wanna see in the package is a LPU belt buckle and a set of Linkin Park drumsticks. And also something without a doubt u shuld add is one of Linkin Parks Album CDs. Basically anything that can be used as an accesory or that can be used in actual music. Linkin Park Forever!

The ideas are great. Keep them coming!

In regards to doing a poll.... we've done those in the past and I know how they go. We put ideas up for you to vote on, and one thing wins. Then we decide (for one reason or another) not to do that product, and we hear about how we went against the poll that showed what EVERYONE wanted (even though people could vote over and over and over) for the rest of the year. So that's why we won't be putting up a poll for this.

Those boxey t-shirts always go in the bottom of my drawer before they head out to Goodwill. The only concert t-shirt I actually wear is a girls, scoop neck, thin fabric MUSE t-shirt. Oh yeah, I also wear a thin fabric fitted girls t-shirt from Cirque Berzerk, but regardless... I require a fitted shirt with a scoop or v-neck for most of my t-shirts. The rest are just too dumpy looking.

A wristband would be nice, or a keychain or something to dangle from a purse or backpack. Skip any kind of iPod or phone cover because there are just too many phones and iPods out there.

How about a free app? (I have a Windows 7 phone so I'd want it to be available in that platform as well). The app could have the tour schedule, special LPU stuff, contests, access to the live chats and videos... and the coup-de-gras... access to the entire LP song library, but only available on your phone while you're an LPU member and not downloadable to the phone or other device.

You know what would be really funny? Bobbleheads. HA! Release one a year to keep people renewing!

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service