While LPUX does have it's upside, it has a major downside too.

I think LPUX should be changed back to the way LPU9 was. It was a special community with forums, exclusives and a whole lot of other stuff and now it's just a chat. The forums are on the LinkinPark.com website therefore anyone can actually just join and chat.

This years LPU costs the most it has, and yet it is the one with the least features.

Views: 187

Replies to This Discussion

Post this discussion on lp facebook,twitter,mikeshinoda.com....
@Valentina If we would post this discussion on the other sites, they (lp, lpu and other higher ups) would consider it as spam.

They've seen our complaints already.

It doesn't mean they give a damn.

Ok, let's say they do care, why don't they make a statement?

First: They just bump up the price from 35 to 60 (for no apperent reason (of course for the summit!))

and Second: They cut the packages etc.

What else are WE paying for?

Hot Air?

We want a Official statement! Not a "Ugh i gonna ignore that"

And what will they do? Wait till LPUX is soon to be over and LPU 11 is starting? And then say "Hey we cut the prices! LPU 11 is now (back to normal) 35€/ ca. 25$!! Nothing has changed, you still have to Buy the merch, and we still are "working on a site.

KATHYxx said:

They've seen our complaints already.

It doesn't mean they give a damn.

They've said a few times now that big things are coming for LPUX members...we just haven't seen it yet. Not sure whether or not it'll actually be worth what we've paid, but they have acknowleged our disssatisfaction.

Sure! "big things" ... I would say that too. When did they said that? November? December? January? February? Or March?

It's been nearly 5 months and the "big thing" is still not there.

I think (and I'm maybe the only one) the payoff will be very sobering.

Your Conscience said:

They've said a few times now that big things are coming for LPUX members...we just haven't seen it yet. Not sure whether or not it'll actually be worth what we've paid, but they have acknowleged our disssatisfaction.
In all honesty, I'm really not expecting anything that great to happen in LPUX's time. For a while they made a big hype about "the new site", and then it finally turned out that our new site is just a group page on linkinpark.com. Our great surprises were the Summits, which we've all talked about how unfair it was for people who didn't live close enough or have enough money to pay to get to the locations to attend. Our exclusive merch is stuff we have to pay additional money for. And so on, and so forth. We've all pointed out the reasons why we're disappointed in the LPU this year. I'm not saying that LPUX is awesome and great things are coming; I'm saying that they've already acknowleged our complaints.

Ivan Tham said:

Sure! "big things" ... I would say that too. When did they said that? November? December? January? February? Or March?

It's been nearly 5 months and the "big thing" is still not there.

I think (and I'm maybe the only one) the payoff will be very sobering.

The question is WTF are YOU talking about? Shirt? If you mean the LPU 9 shirt than, you are Way off, Late and just

Stop insulting other users/fans ! Your "contributions" on this thread are useless and unnecessary.

Who the hell are you?

Mr. Know-It All?

pizzazombie said:

the shirt is finally here, and maybe  a package, so WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM
Your Conscience said:

Ivan, while PZ hasn't seem to contributed anything to this thread, he actually has (in awkward way) and if you had been paying attention on the LPU FB page there is and will be new information.  Just sit tight.

As for the rest of you, I understand your frustration.  $60 goes along way for the simplest of things.  Yes, it hasn't been the best of years, everyone knows that from those that couldn't purchase LPU to those that struggled getting tickets to their own shows.  It has been ridiculously busy all year, I don't remember helping out as many fans for certain things in years past.

Here's the thing with the video chat.  Mike discovered that a while back, it seemed like a great tool to connect with fans, the issue was that it was a open chatroom.  When more people discovered the UStream chat it just got silly as there wasn't anyone to really moderate what was coming in and being said.  We as a group of fans know what should and should not be said to any of the band members for obvious reasons.  That's when it became kind of a turn off, BUT it was a good idea none the less.  So they had video integrated into the new chat.  Cool deal.  Hopefully that idea evolves.

Now there was a time when alot of people complained about Sparkart, why I'm not sure this was only brought up to me recently.  I liked it, I'm sure quite a few others did as well but whatever that's the past.  There was a time for a change and it did.  Personally I like the new layouts.

Kathy is right, but things are coming just sit tight.

--RS

Ivan Tham said:

The question is WTF are YOU talking about? Shirt? If you mean the LPU 9 shirt than, you are Way off, Late and just

Stop insulting other users/fans ! Your "contributions" on this thread are useless and unnecessary.

Who the hell are you?

Mr. Know-It All?

pizzazombie said:

the shirt is finally here, and maybe  a package, so WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM
Your Conscience said:

Schen, ok just looked up the LPUFB page and saw the post with the t-shirt that pz was talking about, my apologizes, still the question remains, is this shirt going to be free for all LPUX members? Or do you have to buy it from the front page of the lpu.linkinpark.com site?

"I pay 60$ to the LPUX and all I got is this 1 CDs* and a T-shirt!" (A nice t-shirt slogan)

I don't count the Decade Underground because it's just "Songs From the Underground" + ATL (LPU9) and Pretend To Be (LPUX CD)

Why the horrendous price raise? Why still trying to keep the "suprise" hidden after 5 month of the new LPUX year?

I have been an LPU member since 2.0 and always renewed my Membership without any hitch. (And I enjoyed every package) But this time it's like giving money away for an unknown suprise!

It's currently a shady deal.

What? Maybe in May or June they announce that every LPUX Member is getting a package like the Premier one?

And plz to others: Don't give me the spin like " Don't join the LPUX then!" or "The LPU is poor".

totally agree with you!! LPU9 was just a private fanclub .. here .. everybody can go to the "LPU" group who wants too ...

It was just perfect for our LPU family .. the prize is insane .. last year it was 35$ for the premium package ... this year is 60$ and you get not even a tshirt .. :(

What happened to LPU :( ..

There is nothing really special .. the only thing that keeps lpu together is the chat .. and thats all ..

I kinda miss the old profile and the exclusive LPU videos and much more ..

Adam said there is coming much more .. but we are waiting since november for that .. :/

Mmmm I miss LPU 1-4, can I have that LPU back?

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service