While LPUX does have it's upside, it has a major downside too.

I think LPUX should be changed back to the way LPU9 was. It was a special community with forums, exclusives and a whole lot of other stuff and now it's just a chat. The forums are on the LinkinPark.com website therefore anyone can actually just join and chat.

This years LPU costs the most it has, and yet it is the one with the least features.

Views: 187

Replies to This Discussion

The correct answer is AUGUST!

The only thing that was close to awesome were the summits, good for the 1% of people that could take advantage of them.

 

I do not think they have acknowledged our dissatisfaction.  Acknowledgement is explaining to us why this is happening, or an apology, or, minimalistically, at least a defense of their point of view.  They haven't replied to anyone at all. I don't know anything about the reasons behind their decisions.


Ivan Tham said:

Sure! "big things" ... I would say that too. When did they said that? November? December? January? February? Or March?

It's been nearly 5 months and the "big thing" is still not there.

I think (and I'm maybe the only one) the payoff will be very sobering.


Your Conscience said:

They've said a few times now that big things are coming for LPUX members...we just haven't seen it yet. Not sure whether or not it'll actually be worth what we've paid, but they have acknowleged our disssatisfaction.
Wow even that far? Nine Months?! Now that's just poor and sad.

KATHYxx said:

The correct answer is AUGUST!

The only thing that was close to awesome were the summits, good for the 1% of people that could take advantage of them.

 

I do not think they have acknowledged our dissatisfaction.  Acknowledgement is explaining to us why this is happening, or an apology, or, minimalistically, at least a defense of their point of view.  They haven't replied to anyone at all. I don't know anything about the reasons behind their decisions.


Ivan Tham said:

Sure! "big things" ... I would say that too. When did they said that? November? December? January? February? Or March?

It's been nearly 5 months and the "big thing" is still not there.

I think (and I'm maybe the only one) the payoff will be very sobering.


Your Conscience said:

They've said a few times now that big things are coming for LPUX members...we just haven't seen it yet. Not sure whether or not it'll actually be worth what we've paid, but they have acknowleged our disssatisfaction.

Derp, those still cost extra.

 

What does the LPU offer for $60 that does not require me to make an additional purchase?

Show me what membership comes with!

 

Show me that the LPU is something more than a way to get their foot in your door so that you feel pressured to buy more things from them!  Besides under my LPU 9 account, I can probably get those things w/o LPUX.

 

PS Ning: put a multiquote button in!

pizzazombie said:


the shirt is finally here, and maybe  a package, so WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM
Your Conscience said:
They've said a few times now that big things are coming for LPUX members...we just haven't seen it yet. Not sure whether or not it'll actually be worth what we've paid, but they have acknowleged our disssatisfaction.
My problems with LPUX have been mentioned numerous times, so I'm not going to repeat myself here for you. MAYBE a package is on the way. Okay, a tee shirt is finally here. You act like I'm complaining about what I've recieved, but I haven't gotten a shirt. I haven't even recieved an e-mail from LPU HQ saying that it's here. If they announced it on Facebook, cool; but not all of us constantly check all of Linkin Park's pages online. And are we going to have to pay for these shirts, like we have our other LPUX merch thus far? Even if we don't, is it going to be worth $60? You ask me what my problem is, but I've been making my issues pretty clear. You're the one who keeps coming on here to be rude to other members, so I'm curious - what is your problem?


pizzazombie said:

the shirt is finally here, and maybe  a package, so WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM

In LPU's defense I can say that people are aware of how members feel. Because I have brought it up.

I even asked to have a LPU chat with Adam for members to ask all questions the desired but it didn't happen. Adam basically said no one wants to hear more " coming soon " messages. But there is stuff coming in the next few weeks but he is waiting on things that are just out of his control.

 

This was 1 week ago now.


KATHYxx said:

The correct answer is AUGUST!

The only thing that was close to awesome were the summits, good for the 1% of people that could take advantage of them.

 

I do not think they have acknowledged our dissatisfaction.  Acknowledgement is explaining to us why this is happening, or an apology, or, minimalistically, at least a defense of their point of view.  They haven't replied to anyone at all. I don't know anything about the reasons behind their decisions.


Ivan Tham said:

Sure! "big things" ... I would say that too. When did they said that? November? December? January? February? Or March?

It's been nearly 5 months and the "big thing" is still not there.

I think (and I'm maybe the only one) the payoff will be very sobering.


Your Conscience said:

They've said a few times now that big things are coming for LPUX members...we just haven't seen it yet. Not sure whether or not it'll actually be worth what we've paid, but they have acknowleged our disssatisfaction.

It's not like it's the "first LPU year", it's freaking the 10th year! If It was 10 years ago, I wouldn't mind it, but now, they are keep stalling and won't give an official announcement. They somehow still think they can get away with that.

dereklp -Moderator- said:

In LPU's defense I can say that people are aware of how members feel. Because I have brought it up.

I even asked to have a LPU chat with Adam for members to ask all questions the desired but it didn't happen. Adam basically said no one wants to hear more " coming soon " messages. But there is stuff coming in the next few weeks but he is waiting on things that are just out of his control.

 

This was 1 week ago now.

Well, like I said, they are waiting on other people...and it's out of their control. So you can't exactly set a date to that. I know it sucks but there really isn't anything they can do.

Ivan Tham said:

It's not like it's the "first LPU year", it's freaking the 10th year! If It was 10 years ago, I wouldn't mind it, but now, they are keep stalling and won't give an official announcement. They somehow still think they can get away with that.

dereklp -Moderator- said:

In LPU's defense I can say that people are aware of how members feel. Because I have brought it up.

I even asked to have a LPU chat with Adam for members to ask all questions the desired but it didn't happen. Adam basically said no one wants to hear more " coming soon " messages. But there is stuff coming in the next few weeks but he is waiting on things that are just out of his control.

 

This was 1 week ago now.

So let me get this straight, they "suck" the money off the Members who renewed, and now playing the: Time/"It's done when it's done" card?

I know you might have no info on that but who or what are they waiting? LP? WB?
dereklp -Moderator- said:

Well, like I said, they are waiting on other people...and it's out of their control. So you can't exactly set a date to that. I know it sucks but there really isn't anything they can do.

Ivan Tham said:

It's not like it's the "first LPU year", it's freaking the 10th year! If It was 10 years ago, I wouldn't mind it, but now, they are keep stalling and won't give an official announcement. They somehow still think they can get away with that.

dereklp -Moderator- said:

In LPU's defense I can say that people are aware of how members feel. Because I have brought it up.

I even asked to have a LPU chat with Adam for members to ask all questions the desired but it didn't happen. Adam basically said no one wants to hear more " coming soon " messages. But there is stuff coming in the next few weeks but he is waiting on things that are just out of his control.

 

This was 1 week ago now.

You're right, I have no info.

Ivan Tham said:

So let me get this straight, they "suck" the money off the Members who renewed, and now playing the: Time/"It's done when it's done" card?

I know you might have no info on that but who or what are they waiting? LP? WB?
dereklp -Moderator- said:

Well, like I said, they are waiting on other people...and it's out of their control. So you can't exactly set a date to that. I know it sucks but there really isn't anything they can do.

Ivan Tham said:

It's not like it's the "first LPU year", it's freaking the 10th year! If It was 10 years ago, I wouldn't mind it, but now, they are keep stalling and won't give an official announcement. They somehow still think they can get away with that.

dereklp -Moderator- said:

In LPU's defense I can say that people are aware of how members feel. Because I have brought it up.

I even asked to have a LPU chat with Adam for members to ask all questions the desired but it didn't happen. Adam basically said no one wants to hear more " coming soon " messages. But there is stuff coming in the next few weeks but he is waiting on things that are just out of his control.

 

This was 1 week ago now.

Bad news is 100x better than no news.

 

If they explain what they're up to, I could emphasize with their position. People wouldn't be left in the dark and people could realize sooner that they haven't completely wasted their money.  When people don't have information, they'll start filling it in (making it up) themselves, and it will always be bad. The default position when hearing nothing at all is to assume either incompetence or malevolence, but usually malevolence first unless that person took psychology. The LPU has to start distancing themselves from looking like a bunch of scammers, and all they would have to do is explain themselves.

 

When LPUX really did first launch, I had no other explanation but to think that they must be cutting as many corners as possible to turn a bigger profit, thinking that if there were more stuff coming they would have said so. When they weren't saying anything else, all those promises of "awesomeness" really start to look like bald-faced lies, ESPECIALLY when they're already taking money from renewees before finishing their work. Double especially when they took an opportunity to just shut down signing up for the sake of getting presales on this unfinished thing, and then "launching" the unfinished thing like it was finished. It just reeks of dishonesty.

 

I've said that before too though. I've been saying since the beginning that LPU's biggest problem is that they won't communicate, particularly since a lot of its historical problems involve not informing the users *cough5monthemailshutdowncough*. A lot of the complaints on LPUX would be overturned if they would just talk more.


dereklp -Moderator- said:

Well, like I said, they are waiting on other people...and it's out of their control. So you can't exactly set a date to that. I know it sucks but there really isn't anything they can do.

Ivan Tham said:

It's not like it's the "first LPU year", it's freaking the 10th year! If It was 10 years ago, I wouldn't mind it, but now, they are keep stalling and won't give an official announcement. They somehow still think they can get away with that.

dereklp -Moderator- said:

In LPU's defense I can say that people are aware of how members feel. Because I have brought it up.

I even asked to have a LPU chat with Adam for members to ask all questions the desired but it didn't happen. Adam basically said no one wants to hear more " coming soon " messages. But there is stuff coming in the next few weeks but he is waiting on things that are just out of his control.

 

This was 1 week ago now.

Yeah the only thing I can say for the quite HQ is the possibility of them wanting whatever it is coming, to be a surprise that will sploderize, yes I said sploderize, everyone faces off. Sort of scared myself that when it does come, since everyone has been waiting so long their expectations are so unreal that whatever it is, will not be enough. Which will lead to more angry voices.

KATHYxx said:

Bad news is 100x better than no news.

 

If they explain what they're up to, I could emphasize with their position. People wouldn't be left in the dark and people could realize sooner that they haven't completely wasted their money.  When people don't have information, they'll start filling it in (making it up) themselves, and it will always be bad. The default position when hearing nothing at all is to assume either incompetence or malevolence, but usually malevolence first unless that person took psychology. The LPU has to start distancing themselves from looking like a bunch of scammers, and all they would have to do is explain themselves.

 

When LPUX really did first launch, I had no other explanation but to think that they must be cutting as many corners as possible to turn a bigger profit, thinking that if there were more stuff coming they would have said so. When they weren't saying anything else, all those promises of "awesomeness" really start to look like bald-faced lies, ESPECIALLY when they're already taking money from renewees before finishing their work. Double especially when they took an opportunity to just shut down signing up for the sake of getting presales on this unfinished thing, and then "launching" the unfinished thing like it was finished. It just reeks of dishonesty.

 

I've said that before too though. I've been saying since the beginning that LPU's biggest problem is that they won't communicate, particularly since a lot of its historical problems involve not informing the users *cough5monthemailshutdowncough*. A lot of the complaints on LPUX would be overturned if they would just talk more.


dereklp -Moderator- said:

Well, like I said, they are waiting on other people...and it's out of their control. So you can't exactly set a date to that. I know it sucks but there really isn't anything they can do.

Ivan Tham said:

It's not like it's the "first LPU year", it's freaking the 10th year! If It was 10 years ago, I wouldn't mind it, but now, they are keep stalling and won't give an official announcement. They somehow still think they can get away with that.

dereklp -Moderator- said:

In LPU's defense I can say that people are aware of how members feel. Because I have brought it up.

I even asked to have a LPU chat with Adam for members to ask all questions the desired but it didn't happen. Adam basically said no one wants to hear more " coming soon " messages. But there is stuff coming in the next few weeks but he is waiting on things that are just out of his control.

 

This was 1 week ago now.

Maybe the next lpu package includes the drug: charlie sheen!
No but seriously, the people here (like pz) are either

A: Rich/mummy or daddy is paying,

B: They are so blind that support everything or

C: still have a slight hope everyday that something might come.

 

I can't see/understand that People find it ok they bump the price and (currently maybe) xed the package.

dereklp -Moderator- said:

Yeah the only thing I can say for the quite HQ is the possibility of them wanting whatever it is coming, to be a surprise that will sploderize, yes I said sploderize, everyone faces off. Sort of scared myself that when it does come, since everyone has been waiting so long their expectations are so unreal that whatever it is, will not be enough. Which will lead to more angry voices.

RSS

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service