While LPUX does have it's upside, it has a major downside too.

I think LPUX should be changed back to the way LPU9 was. It was a special community with forums, exclusives and a whole lot of other stuff and now it's just a chat. The forums are on the LinkinPark.com website therefore anyone can actually just join and chat.

This years LPU costs the most it has, and yet it is the one with the least features.

Views: 187

Replies to This Discussion

You forgot

D: Sorely disappointed on multiple levels and, though we still adore Linkin Park, have no real reason to renew our Underground membership in the future.

Ivan Tham said:

Maybe the next lpu package includes the drug: charlie sheen!
No but seriously, the people here (like pz) are either

A: Rich/mummy or daddy is paying,

B: They are so blind that support everything or

C: still have a slight hope everyday that something might come.

I can't see/understand that People find it ok they bump the price and (currently maybe) xed the package.

LPUX sucks... miss the old LPU!!! I'm still a LPU9 member and proud of it :P

A great example of why we can't just come in and say "Here's what we're working on, but please understand that this isn't for sure yet..." is the recently leaked info on a possibly LPU Summit in Germany. It's not confirmed. At all. In fact, it might not happen. But just putting that idea out there will piss off a lot of people if the Summit doesn't end up happening. Even though we said it's not confirmed.

Yes, it's taking forever for us to announce new stuff. No, it's not our fault. We were ready to go months ago on our end. But when you're working for a band as big and as busy as LP, it's not as simple as just saying, "lets do this!" and doing it. It's just not. Certain announcements can't coincide with other announcements, and certain platforms have to work with other platforms.

We're not here to rip you off and take your money. It's just hysterical to me that you guys think we have a like a pile of money over here and we're all driving $100,000 cars or something. That's not what this fanclub is. There's an operating cost. Not just paying me, or paying rent for the office or anything like that, but to do ANYTHING website related costs thousands and thousands of dollars. The LPU isn't a "scam." That's ridiculous. We didn't force anyone to sign up before we announced anything. If when we finally are able to show our cards, you're still not impressed. Fine. Don't join. We're not making you.

KATHYxx said:

Bad news is 100x better than no news.

If they explain what they're up to, I could emphasize with their position. People wouldn't be left in the dark and people could realize sooner that they haven't completely wasted their money.  When people don't have information, they'll start filling it in (making it up) themselves, and it will always be bad. The default position when hearing nothing at all is to assume either incompetence or malevolence, but usually malevolence first unless that person took psychology. The LPU has to start distancing themselves from looking like a bunch of scammers, and all they would have to do is explain themselves.

When LPUX really did first launch, I had no other explanation but to think that they must be cutting as many corners as possible to turn a bigger profit, thinking that if there were more stuff coming they would have said so. When they weren't saying anything else, all those promises of "awesomeness" really start to look like bald-faced lies, ESPECIALLY when they're already taking money from renewees before finishing their work. Double especially when they took an opportunity to just shut down signing up for the sake of getting presales on this unfinished thing, and then "launching" the unfinished thing like it was finished. It just reeks of dishonesty.

I've said that before too though. I've been saying since the beginning that LPU's biggest problem is that they won't communicate, particularly since a lot of its historical problems involve not informing the users *cough5monthemailshutdowncough*. A lot of the complaints on LPUX would be overturned if they would just talk more.

dereklp -Moderator- said:

Well, like I said, they are waiting on other people...and it's out of their control. So you can't exactly set a date to that. I know it sucks but there really isn't anything they can do.

Ivan Tham said:

It's not like it's the "first LPU year", it's freaking the 10th year! If It was 10 years ago, I wouldn't mind it, but now, they are keep stalling and won't give an official announcement. They somehow still think they can get away with that.

In LPU's defense I can say that people are aware of how members feel. Because I have brought it up.

I even asked to have a LPU chat with Adam for members to ask all questions the desired but it didn't happen. Adam basically said no one wants to hear more " coming soon " messages. But there is stuff coming in the next few weeks but he is waiting on things that are just out of his control.

This was 1 week ago now.

I'd just like to say that I never thought you guys have a giant pile of money and are living life up with our membership costs. Most people here are just upset that we've seen less this year than previously, and after having paid more money.

As for me, I don't intend on renewing after this year. The only real reason I ever paid for a membership is for the chance at a M&G with the band but that's obviously a waste of money at this point.  A few years ago, I was selected to attend one, but then refused entry into it. After I made a big stink about it, I was told that to rectify the issue, I'd get on the M&G list the next time Linkin Park came to my city. A few years later, when the guys toured this area again, I tried to redeem this offer but couldn't get anything more than Jess telling me to contact you, and no responses after that from either of you. I had to rely on my chances like everyone else who signed up for a chance to see the band. Again, I was selected, and to make sure there wouldn't be any issues this time, I responded that I'd signed up under my son's name and since he's under the age of 13, I'd be attending with him. I was told that only members are allowed in and can't bring guests... I'd like to know why it's specified that anyone under the age of 13 must have an adult with them to get into a M&G, but apparently parents aren't allowed in unless they were also selected for the M&G? I don't understand. I've never heard of problems like this before and was even told by a few other members that they sign up under their kid's name so that they can both get in to meet the band. I guess that's not the case anymore?

You may not be forcing people to sign up before you announce anything, but in some cases you've greatly misled people to expect what won't be given to them.

Adam said:

We're not here to rip you off and take your money. It's just hysterical to me that you guys think we have a like a pile of money over here and we're all driving $100,000 cars or something. That's not what this fanclub is. There's an operating cost. Not just paying me, or paying rent for the office or anything like that, but to do ANYTHING website related costs thousands and thousands of dollars. The LPU isn't a "scam." That's ridiculous. We didn't force anyone to sign up before we announced anything. If when we finally are able to show our cards, you're still not impressed. Fine. Don't join. We're not making you.

I admit, I was the one who saw this post about the Hamburg Summit and I gave the info to Blackchester (you might know).

Well Adam, if it's not official as you say and it might not happen, don't post it on the site. (Not you personally)

Yes, you may have many things under wraps that are "ready to go" and you guys and gals are working on thousand of things, but did you ever saw this "situation" from our (the Fans) perspective?

You barely after 5-6 month release a pic for the Lpux t-shirt and that's currently all there is new for it.

What you and your team knows , we (the fans) don't know. We are left in the dark: silence.

This current LPUX is just off-time.

Sure on the business side I understand that the certain things can't coincide with other things. But at least state it in a news post or on the official Lpu page. If you would, we would know, and we can say: "ok they are working on sth."

We never said or never assumed (on such a idiotic level) that you are living on a pile of money.

We just want to know the facts:

Where is the Money going? (Ok operating cost, rent, staff and website stuff)

Why the sudden raise? And in a breath ax the LPU package?

Why demand in addition to the 60$, 10$ for the CD? (plus additional shipping cost)

Why can other fansites like (my classical example) Metallica offer more for the same price? (About 60$)

Sure you didn't force anybody to join the Fanclub.

But you currently are not making it appealing for new users either.

You wanna know why you may think, that your new content (if it's revealed) might not be impressing?

Because the Price/performance ratio wouldn't be correspond.

You post really sounds to me, that the LPU is currently a "new thing" and you try to make excuses for the situation.

If this is the first LPU year, we all would be not complaining.

But then again, back then LPU 1 till lpu 9 the price was only 35$ (international)

Adam said:

A great example of why we can't just come in and say "Here's what we're working on, but please understand that this isn't for sure yet..." is the recently leaked info on a possibly LPU Summit in Germany. It's not confirmed. At all. In fact, it might not happen. But just putting that idea out there will piss off a lot of people if the Summit doesn't end up happening. Even though we said it's not confirmed.

Yes, it's taking forever for us to announce new stuff. No, it's not our fault. We were ready to go months ago on our end. But when you're working for a band as big and as busy as LP, it's not as simple as just saying, "lets do this!" and doing it. It's just not. Certain announcements can't coincide with other announcements, and certain platforms have to work with other platforms.

First of all....wow! I sure love being spoken too like a child lol. continuing on...From what I have seen in this discussion, people have simply been making comparisons between the old and the new LPU. If by doing so, some light waz shone on certain new problems, one should fix said problems instead of assuming ppl are just complaining to be spoiled jerkz who think that nothing costz money and that nothing takez time. We are people with jobz, families and responsibilities who happen to Love LP. We love them sooo much that we chose to join their fan-club. Chose to join a fan club that had certain standardz that we expect to see every time that we singed up and we did see it. And for a time it waz good. It izn't crazy to assume that if the price goes up that the standardz would consequently go up too. This iz all that we are saying......

The fan club wazn't about the money until the price was raised and the way that we interacted with each other has changed.

People who used to communicate through chat don't really any more because of the drastic change it haz undergone and not for the better....

People used to buy more stuff because we knew we had a discount on stuff.....

People renewed  because they new they would have a good time having fun with the people they had met in the last LPU and because they new the next year would be the same or better, not worse....

I can guaranty that allot of ppl won't be singing up next year.....and itz sad to say but if you guys had simply left the same old LPU9 site but changed the Logo to LPUX  ppl wouldn't complaining as much even if you still chose to increase the price to become a member.

....okay maybe they would but not az badly az they are now lol.
I agree completely!  I was lucky enough to attend an LPU summit.  That's about all I can say good about LPUX.  Seeing as how there's only been three summits in total, well, LPUX is more expensive and has less content.  LPU9 was awesome.  They could still do that.  Even could offer monthly plans.  But this attempt at integration into LP.com is killing the LPU!

I don't think anyone here thinks you guys are rolling in dough, I think most people here are about getting a fair trade. I simply cannot do $60 when the only actual benefit I would get is 10 songs I already bought twice, and maybe, only if I am very lucky, I get to see Mike in chat again. I am very sad to see the state the LPU has gotten into, and I am afraid its future is in danger if enough people realize it isn't worth their money. Something I once loved with all my heart is gone. 

My last point was not calling you guys scammers, but that you guys LOOK like a scammer. At one point about a month after launch, because you guys did not [i]explain[/i] you did not have full control of the issue and because NOTHING else was announced, I could not come up with a rationalization to prove to me and to others that you guys aren't the bad guy type. I didn't want to believe you guys were actually scammers, but how could I prove that to anyone? Do you understand what my point is?  But now that you've at least [i]replied[/i] to people in here (and it didn't have to be me, as long as I learned it somewhere), that's eleventy one times better. That's a start. Anything is a good thing when it gets my mind away from the times when I lost my primary email account for 5 months without notice and no way to contact support.

Maybe because you guys are on the inside, it looks very busy to you. We don't know much at all out here.

If the LPU offered something fair for its price, and I didn't want it, that's not your fault. That's me deciding to decline to an otherwise fair trade.  Happens all the time in life. Other people may have liked it, but it just wouldn't be my cup of tea. Maybe enough other people will like it and join and then it will be a community again and I can join, even if I didn't like the initial package. That's already happened before with me.

Right now though (rumors of questionable accuracy aside), the price is high for a whole lot of nothing, and the only things are for people who plan to spend more money. That makes me feel excluded, and I worry about its future.

Adam said:

KATHYxx said:

Bad news is 100x better than no news.

If they explain what they're up to, I could emphasize with their position. People wouldn't be left in the dark and people could realize sooner that they haven't completely wasted their money.  When people don't have information, they'll start filling it in (making it up) themselves, and it will always be bad. The default position when hearing nothing at all is to assume either incompetence or malevolence, but usually malevolence first unless that person took psychology. The LPU has to start distancing themselves from looking like a bunch of scammers, and all they would have to do is explain themselves.

When LPUX really did first launch, I had no other explanation but to think that they must be cutting as many corners as possible to turn a bigger profit, thinking that if there were more stuff coming they would have said so. When they weren't saying anything else, all those promises of "awesomeness" really start to look like bald-faced lies, ESPECIALLY when they're already taking money from renewees before finishing their work. Double especially when they took an opportunity to just shut down signing up for the sake of getting presales on this unfinished thing, and then "launching" the unfinished thing like it was finished. It just reeks of dishonesty.

I've said that before too though. I've been saying since the beginning that LPU's biggest problem is that they won't communicate, particularly since a lot of its historical problems involve not informing the users *cough5monthemailshutdowncough*. A lot of the complaints on LPUX would be overturned if they would just talk more.

Well, like I said, they are waiting on other people...and it's out of their control. So you can't exactly set a date to that. I know it sucks but there really isn't anything they can do.

Ivan Tham said:

It's not like it's the "first LPU year", it's freaking the 10th year! If It was 10 years ago, I wouldn't mind it, but now, they are keep stalling and won't give an official announcement. They somehow still think they can get away with that.

In LPU's defense I can say that people are aware of how members feel. Because I have brought it up.

I even asked to have a LPU chat with Adam for members to ask all questions the desired but it didn't happen. Adam basically said no one wants to hear more " coming soon " messages. But there is stuff coming in the next few weeks but he is waiting on things that are just out of his control.

This was 1 week ago now.

The rumored stuff isn't a rumor. It's true. It's just not officially announced yet and there's more to it than just a merch pack. We wanted to (and were ready to) announce it months ago, but there's one final snag that has to be sorted out. It's beyond our control. We should have it taken care of in the next week or two, then we'll FINALLY be able to make the announcement.

I know you're frustrated. I know it seems like we're keeping members in the dark. But it's just not as easy as making an announcement or saying what WILL be coming, because there's always the chance that stuff will fall through and we'll have to figure something else out. THAT'S why we haven't been able to say anything for months. Trust me, we want to announce this way more than you guys want us to. I promise. I do not enjoy keeping you guys in the dark.

My problem is more about the fact that I have had SEVERAL problems with LPUX, to which I've emailed you guys, and never received a reply. I never got my CD, I stopped receiving LPU emails, etc... Will you reply here? I'm interested to see if you do.

Stephanie,

Check your messages on here. I just messaged you my email address. I want you to contact me directly so I can take care of your problems.

So sorry for the inconvenience. 

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service