While LPUX does have it's upside, it has a major downside too.

I think LPUX should be changed back to the way LPU9 was. It was a special community with forums, exclusives and a whole lot of other stuff and now it's just a chat. The forums are on the LinkinPark.com website therefore anyone can actually just join and chat.

This years LPU costs the most it has, and yet it is the one with the least features.

Views: 187

Replies to This Discussion

Awww, that's nice. I guess I should accept that my issues just aren't important then? Because I've recieved replies when I ask questions on behalf of other LPU members who don't know how to get a hold of anyone for help, but the problems that I have personally encountered go ignored. Cool. Once again, my decision to skip out on renewing next year has been further reinforced.

It's not about me being impatient about what's to come. It's not about how much I have to pay. It's about being told that I would get what I paid for, then not actually getting it. It's about being told that someone would rectify the issue for me, then suddenly not getting anymore replies about my so-called overdue and escalated priority problem. It's about the question I have about the one reason I would have to continue my membership going unanswered. Why should I want to be a part of a community that picks and chooses which problems they want to address, instead of trying to help everyone?

Whatever. I understand that the LPU doesn't care that I won't be back; after all, I'm just one person...right?

Wow, that's pretty harsh. I think I got a reply because I basically addressed Adam directly. And he's been working with me to make sure my issues are resolved. But also, I wasn't snappish towards him. I get that you are upset, I really do. I'm right there in regards to our issues this year. But nobody wants to respond to such blatant passive aggression. Why don't you message Adam and see what happens. I'm sure he'll try to help as best he can.

Your Conscience said:

Awww, that's nice. I guess I should accept that my issues just aren't important then? Because I've recieved replies when I ask questions on behalf of other LPU members who don't know how to get a hold of anyone for help, but the problems that I have personally encountered go ignored. Cool. Once again, my decision to skip out on renewing next year has been further reinforced.

It's not about me being impatient about what's to come. It's not about how much I have to pay. It's about being told that I would get what I paid for, then not actually getting it. It's about being told that someone would rectify the issue for me, then suddenly not getting anymore replies about my so-called overdue and escalated priority problem. It's about the question I have about the one reason I would have to continue my membership going unanswered. Why should I want to be a part of a community that picks and chooses which problems they want to address, instead of trying to help everyone?

Whatever. I understand that the LPU doesn't care that I won't be back; after all, I'm just one person...right?

Your Concience - you now have my personal email. Let me know what I can do.

Guys, keep in mind that LPUHQ isn't a building full of employees. It's 2 of us. Two. To run this whole thing. So if it seems like we're not as involved as we should be, it's because we're extremely busy. I have duties with LP in addition to just the LPU as well.

It doesn't make sense to me that you think we'd WANT to upset you. You pay my salary. If we have zero LPU members, I don't have a job. I get NOTHING out of unhappy members. I'm trying to help you guys the best I can. One of the best ways to get my attention on a day to day basis is through Twitter. I respond to LPU members all the time who have issues. I'm at http://twitter.com/heydudeimadam.

I've been pushed to the point of harsh after being ignored for so long. Over the past three years I've tried to contact Adam and/or Jess directly about the multiple issues I've had, but to no avail. I'm glad you're getting your issues worked out, but I haven't been so lucky. Again, although I'm currently dissatisfied with the LPU this year, I had problems from the past that still haven't been taken care of. I'm being "snappish" now because I was pushed to a point of feeling like I was being ignored no matter how I approached the topic. I understand that people don't want to deal with blatant aggression. Believe it or not, I don't like being a jerk. But after all I've been through, my patience has worn nice and thin, which is why I'm so blunt now. I have messaged Adam many times in the past; I've sent him e-mails too. And like I said, I've only ever recieved replies in regards to other people's problems; never my own.

Stephanie Cole said:
Wow, that's pretty harsh. I think I got a reply because I basically addressed Adam directly. And he's been working with me to make sure my issues are resolved. But also, I wasn't snappish towards him. I get that you are upset, I really do. I'm right there in regards to our issues this year. But nobody wants to respond to such blatant passive aggression. Why don't you message Adam and see what happens. I'm sure he'll try to help as best he can.
I've kept that in mind, which is why I've just kind of given up on expecting the help I've wanted. I understand that things can get crazy and you can't always reply to everyone in a timely manner for every little thing that comes up. My problem is that I've had a few problems over the course of a few years, and don't get so much as a reply (up until now, after I've publicly been a jerk). And I understand that your entire life doesn't revolve around LP and the people here, but I guess I've just felt like members haven't been treated equally...

Adam said:

Guys, keep in mind that LPUHQ isn't a building full of employees. It's 2 of us. Two. To run this whole thing. So if it seems like we're not as involved as we should be, it's because we're extremely busy. I have duties with LP in addition to just the LPU as well.

Your Conscience, 

there is no need to create a double post worth of jargon after Adam deliberately is going out of his way to help you now.  Are you trying to get the "Last Word" in?

This link should sum it up!

LPUers need to be united.  We could try helping each other out too, not just blaming LPUHQ for everything.

P.S. Adam - You are doing a fabulous job with everybody and actually putting in the effort to try to meet everyone's needs. Thank You!

My Twitter Page (MrJQ23)

Ok, I get the point. But could you explain one thing to me? Am I still a LPU member? Bought that last June and it's supposed to expire in 2 months, but when I tried to redeem my LPU9 for LPUX the code didn't work. I e-mailed you guys about it but no response. I paid for LPU Summit - that was the only option to get there as nothing else worked with all the membership stuff. So how is it? The chat - I assume everyone can get the access - yes? I get LP e-mails but now I don't know if that's LPU or LP.com sending them. I'm confused with it all...

Help?

Juan,

I followed what Conscience said and I think you're response is an LPUer not being united. I responded to her, as well, but I never made accusations like your whole "last word" riff, I just commented on what I saw and she was really honest in her reply. She was upset and had a right to voice her opinion. It sounds to me like you might be trying to get the "last word" in. Adam has been great on this thread about getting back to us, but if she has had little success in that area in the past and chooses to voice her anger, that's her right.

Juan Quinonez said:

Your Conscience, 

there is no need to create a double post worth of jargon after Adam deliberately is going out of his way to help you now.  Are you trying to get the "Last Word" in?

LPUers need to be united.  We could try helping each other out too, not just blaming LPUHQ for everything.

P.S. Adam - You are doing a fabulous job with everybody and actually putting in the effort to try to meet everyone's needs. Thank You!

My Twitter Page (MrJQ23)

If I offended anyone, I'm sorry.  Obviously, it is very hard to be sarcastic in the virtual world.  I'm glad you guys are getting the help you need.

Maya - according to the LPU Chat description, only LPUX Annual, LPU Monthly, and those that still have a remaining LPU 9 membership are able to access the chat.  Please correct me if i'm wrong.  As for the e-mails, they can be a little tricky.  The way I see it, if it comes from LPU, usually at the very end, they say -LPU Headquarters.

The benefits of LPU9 (which is what you are) and LPUX are different. As an LPU9 member, you still have access to pre-sales, the chat room and meet & greets. PLUS you got the LPU9 package.

The only people who got into the Summits for free were LPUX Annual members.

I'm sorry you're confused about the email system. In the email I sent out yesterday to LPU members, I put "LPU EXCLUSIVE" in the subject. I'll start doing that from now on so fans know that it's an LPU email. Unfortunately there's no way to make the email come from LPU Headquarters.

Also, I NEVER check my messages on LP.com. I get a million of them every day and 99% of them are spam. Really the best way to get in touch with me on a daily basis is through my twitter, @heydudeimadam. You don't have to follow me, but if you have issues with stuff, just hit me up there.

I'll try to check these boards more often. It's just hard to keep up when things are busy here!

Maya said:

Ok, I get the point. But could you explain one thing to me? Am I still a LPU member? Bought that last June and it's supposed to expire in 2 months, but when I tried to redeem my LPU9 for LPUX the code didn't work. I e-mailed you guys about it but no response. I paid for LPU Summit - that was the only option to get there as nothing else worked with all the membership stuff. So how is it? The chat - I assume everyone can get the access - yes? I get LP e-mails but now I don't know if that's LPU or LP.com sending them. I'm confused with it all...

Help?

I was replying to someone who made a comment to me. I'm not trying to "get the last word in"; I'm trying to explain why I've been so pissy since some people seem to think it's for no apparent reason; that I'm just a spoiled little brat who's
throwing a tanrtum over nothing.

You talk about how LPUers should be united and not just blame LPUHQ for everything, and that goes to show that you're speaking about what you ASSMUE my issue is, instead of actually knowing what's going on. As I've mentioned earlier, I've gone out of MY way to try assisting other LPU members who need help and don't know where else to find it. The problems that I've had are SPECIFIC to LPUHQ; they're not general questions.

Juan Quinonez said:

Your Conscience, 

My Twitter Page (MrJQ23)

It's all good. I understand why people sometimes get a little heated when they're extremely frustrated. No harm, no foul.

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service