Hi There! :-) I just joined LPUX and payed 60 Bucks. I got an download called "LPUX Annual Pass" with two PDF inside and the "A Decade Underground" compilation. Ok. Nice.

I also got an e-mail "Your Receipt from Linkin Park" and thats it. No Login Information, no Welcome Mail. So my question is - what happen next? What can i do with this Membership? Any hint to a webpage or special action would be nice.

Greetings,
Michael

Tags: LPUX, Underground

Views: 223

Replies to This Discussion

Hi guys!

So this topic helped me a lot too! Im going to join LPU in a few days and I was wondering if there is anything important that I should know and now that I´ve read all your comments I feel that I know what´s need to be known

I feel kinda sad for all of you and for me too! I really want to be a LPU member but if there aren´t really vantages on it I dont know what I should do!

I guess that we should show our apreciation to the band by being LPU members but the people who run the site should do a better work too and think about the money we´re given up! Im not saying that it isnt worth it but as Your Conscience said, this should be more excited!

What do you guys think?

Cláudia Alexandra said:

Hi guys!

So this topic helped me a lot too! Im going to join LPU in a few days and I was wondering if there is anything important that I should know and now that I´ve read all your comments I feel that I know what´s need to be known

I feel kinda sad for all of you and for me too! I really want to be a LPU member but if there aren´t really vantages on it I dont know what I should do!

I guess that we should show our apreciation to the band by being LPU members but the people who run the site should do a better work too and think about the money we´re given up! Im not saying that it isnt worth it but as Your Conscience said, this should be more excited!

What do you guys think?

I wish we got at least a shirt or some kind of merchandise like other fan clubs. But to me I guess the chance to meet them is worth it. Also, they have said that we should get other things in the future. So i would say go for it if you can spare the money.

Yes we should get a T-Shirt! Exclusive for LPU member! Maybe in the future :P

The change to meet them at M&G! The free Summits and the chats with LP are very worth it yes!

:D

FredyG said:

Cláudia Alexandra said:

Hi guys!

What do you guys think?

I wish we got at least a shirt or some kind of merchandise like other fan clubs. But to me I guess the chance to meet them is worth it. Also, they have said that we should get other things in the future. So i would say go for it if you can spare the money.

yes! It happened the same to me. I'm not a recent member of LPUX because I was a member of LPU9 before but I haven't got the download link... I wonder if this is happening because I'm not a new member. I don't get this new membership...

Heini Nevalainen said:

Same here! I joined yesterday to LPUX, got the receipt to my email but there was no download link for any song......now I'm wondering why not?? And I'm so disappointed now that I realized there won't be any t-shirt etc. coming with this.....

I'm confused.

FredyG said:

I just bought the $60 yearly membership and only got a receipt. The receipt only talked about RSVP and nothing about a download link for songs people are talking about.  Anyone else seem to have this problem?
then I don't know what is wrong with this membership :/ I wish we all have someone that can answer all of our questions..

Heini Nevalainen said:
I'm a new member, haven't been member of LPU before, so I guess that's not the reason then....

Isabel Peña said:

yes! It happened the same to me. I'm not a recent member of LPUX because I was a member of LPU9 before but I haven't got the download link... I wonder if this is happening because I'm not a new member. I don't get this new membership...

Let's face it: The Underground isn't what is used to be, and I think that's the biggest issue people are having. We paid $60 for our memberships, and we were expecting more than what we recieved. There was no exclusive LPU merchandise package that we recieved off the bat, as we have in the past; we have to pay extra for anything we want. It seems to me that LPUX is less about the material things, but more about the guys trying to interact with us. 

They held The Summits, which were an awesome idea, though they didn't really seem "fair" because they didn't give everyone equal opportunities to attend. I suppose they can't hold an event like this at more locations, but it's hard paying just as much as everyone else, and hearing them rave about an experience that I was left out of simply because I didn't have an extra thousand dollars to spend on flights, hotel, and concert tickets to the actual show...

Meet and Greet opportunites are still around, and I will say that it's nice of the guys to go back to their old way of holding them with all of the band members and more fans. But, once again, is an LPU membership worth paying for the mere chance at a possibly of being selected? And then, what about the people who can't even attend concerts this year? What is their membership paying for?

Answer: the ocassional chat with band members. As it currently stands, that's about the only real benefit to LPUX until these "changes" that people keep talking about actually occur. And if your life doesn't allow you the convenience of participating in band chats when they have them, then you're simply paying for the satisfaction of knowing that you support Linkin Park on an official basis.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about issues that they're having, and I've seen even more issues of LPU members having to rely on the help of other members because they're not recieving it from customer support; most times, people don't even know HOW to get a hold of anyone. (and then there's my personal rant that my so-called "escalated" and "overdue priority" issue has gone compeltely ignored for months, but I've managed to get immediate answers about inquiries that i've made for other people about smaller problems that they're having)

Basically, my rant boils down to this: The guys of Linkin Park seem to be making a lot more effort to interact with their fans. However, the things going on with their official fan club are currently disappointing a lot of members an a deep level.

My advice to you Cláudia would be - don't join the LPU unless Linkin Park will be playing a show that you can attend. Otherwise there is no benifit in joining, sadly.

I'd also recommend checking out the fansites, like lpassociation & lplive and their communities.

Cláudia Alexandra said:

Hi guys!

What do you guys think?

Well said conscience

That is terrible to drive 12hr after being selected for a M&G and you were denied access ???? What happened x I really hear what your saying and it does put off fans from joining and supporting LPUX => i reallyhope you get another special opportunitie sweet :)

And yes i too find the website a little whishy washy :) but love LP
Your Conscience said:

So, basically, we LPUX members paid for:

-access to a site...that isn't even ceated yet
-opportunities to obtain exclusive merchandise...that we have to pay additional money for
-pre-sale tickets for concerts...a couple of days before regular LPU members can purchase them
-the chance to possibly be selected for a M&G...yeah, just maybe (oh, and regular LPU memebers still get that too) 
-"A Decade Underground"...which is almost the same CD as "Songs From the Underground"

I adore Linkin Park, but I'm growing more disappointed in The Underground as time passes. I paid an extra $60 to not enjoy any real extra benefits. When will the LPUX site be up and running? And even when it is, what's going to make it worth the extra money we paid for to access it? Okay, we can buy stuff that non-LPUX memebers can't, but that's even more money that we have to give up. I don't really think the pre-sale for tickets makes much of a difference (for me, they didn't matter at all because the shows in my area don't have lawn seats, which means I can't bring my son), and regular LPU members have the same odds of getting a M&G as LPUX members do. (and, for someone like me who was actually selected for a M&G a few years ago, and then denied access after driving 12 hours to get to the venue, the mere chance of the possibility to maybe be selected...isn't as exciting as it should be) And then our special album is half of Songs From the Underground, plus a couple of extra tracks.

I think I'm just as disappointed in myself for having wasted hard-earned money on this membership, as I am disappointed in the actual membership that I paid for. But that's just me. I suppose it's my own personal situation that makes LPUX not seem so glamorous, huh?
The name I use on my LPU account isn't my name as it appears on my photo ID. I showed them my printout of my confirmation e-mail, gave them the name and e-mail address on my LPU account that was on their list, and even offered to show them the credit card that paid for the membership (which the name matched the one on my photo ID). But they told me that it was essentially my fault because I should've e-mailed them and told them how my name appears on my photo ID. I told them that if I knew there would've been an issue, I would've e-mailed them right away. So then they tried telling me that they couldn't do anything because security was extra tight that day since one of the guys has a stalker who lives in New Mexico. I just rolled my eyes and gave up trying at that point. I felt like telling them that I'm not even from New Mexico and that I'd driven all night and day from California, but it was obvious that nothing I could say would change their minds about letting me in.

I did a lot of e-mailing back and forth with Jess and she told me that they'd see about getting me on a M&G list when LP tours in my area again, to try and make up for the mix-up. But two months ago, when I brought it back up, she redirected me to contact Adam about it. He never replied to my e-mail, and now Jess has stopped replying to my e-mails as well. My concert is just over a week away now, and I've still gone completely ignored on the matter, so I think it's pretty safe to say that nothing will be done to rectify the issue, as they suggested it would've been two and a half years ago.

Anyhow, yeah. That's my rant. I've kind of given up on the idea of getting a M&G so my son can meet the guys, but thank you for the hopes anyhow.  =)  Like I said, I'm really just disappointed with the LPU and the people running things around here, but I do still adore Linkin Park.

jani mitchell said:

That is terrible to drive 12hr after being selected for a M&G and you were denied access ???? What happened x I really hear what your saying and it does put off fans from joining and supporting LPUX => i reallyhope you get another special opportunitie sweet :)

And yes i too find the website a little whishy washy :) but love LP

how shall i join lpux and get discounts on tickets

yep this is the new LPU site!

The "older" lpu members from lpunderground.com were switched to that automaticly.

LPunderground moved to LP.com. Its a well choosen switch, but in my opinion the older lpu was much easier and easier to overwatch!

but all in all = i love it here to :)

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service