what do you guys think about the game and how much do you think it should cost ?

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Since it's iPhone only that really cuts down the number of people that can play it, especially me :(
I wonder if porting it to the PC is an option to them. I know porting is a lot of work though.

From what I can tell, and that's judging from the art alone, is that it looks pretty good. Though the trend is in the video game industry is that licensed games (games based on existing cartoons, movies, TV shows, band, etc) tend to be made very badly. The game makers typically go "oh hey, all we have to do is slap a popular name on a crappy game and people will buy it." I sincerely, deeply hope this isn't going to be the case for 8 bit rebellion. I'm a little pessimistic because the failure rate is so high, but I hope LP will be tough on quality control here and stop it from being crappy.

We won't know until someone review it though.
Yeah, it's going to cut down the number of people including me. :(
And porting is a lot work & it's not an option as it's against the Apple policy.

But I think, it's better that they are releasing it on iPhone & iTouch. If they release the game for PC in DVD like regular licensed games, then there are chances of copyright violation. Because it's way too easy on PC to capture/extract the embedded/hidden brand new linkin park song using third party softwares. And anybody can also create duplicate DVDs of the game with added working patch. And this should not happen!

Releasing it via iPhone or iTouch makes it almost impossible to capture that new linkin park song because of it's unique firmware. Thus it reduces copyright violation considerably.

As Mike had already mentioned on his blog that all band members worked hand-in-hand with the design team to create the look and content of the game, I am sure that it's going to be amazing.

:)

KATHYxx said:
Since it's iPhone only that really cuts down the number of people that can play it, especially me :(
I wonder if porting it to the PC is an option to them. I know porting is a lot of work though.

From what I can tell, and that's judging from the art alone, is that it looks pretty good. Though the trend is in the video game industry is that licensed games (games based on existing cartoons, movies, TV shows, band, etc) tend to be made very badly. The game makers typically go "oh hey, all we have to do is slap a popular name on a crappy game and people will buy it." I sincerely, deeply hope this isn't going to be the case for 8 bit rebellion. I'm a little pessimistic because the failure rate is so high, but I hope LP will be tough on quality control here and stop it from being crappy.

I think it would be a great Pc and normal Handy game too and not only for iphone and ipod touch ^^
Hardik said:
And porting is a lot work & it's not an option as it's against the Apple policy. But I think, it's better that they are releasing it on iPhone & iTouch. If they release the game for PC in DVD like regular licensed games, then there are chances of copyright violation. Because it's way too easy on PC to capture/extract the embedded/hidden brand new linkin park song using third party softwares. And anybody can also create duplicate DVDs of the game with added working patch. And this should not happen!

Releasing it via iPhone or iTouch makes it almost impossible to capture that new linkin park song because of it's unique firmware. Thus it reduces copyright violation considerably.

As Mike had already mentioned on his blog that all band members worked hand-in-hand with the design team to create the look and content of the game, I am sure that it's going to be amazing.

KATHYxx said:

There's look and content: the artistic side of it, and then there's gameplay, the engineering side of it. I was most concerned about the latter. I know LP are great artists, but the engineering is all up to the developers.
Agreed.

Along with gameplay even graphics & interface also depends up on the engineers. Those can be the sides of our concern. :)
Apparently I'm more concerned about the concept of game. If it's good which I think it should be, then the blessed game's going to be successful.

I'm almost sure that concept is also created by our guys. And so far, it sounds really interesting.
"There's mystery, the evil PixxelKorp, advantures of finding missing items of The Six & the underground forces. Rebellion."

What do you say?

KATHYxx said:
Hardik said:
And porting is a lot work & it's not an option as it's against the Apple policy. But I think, it's better that they are releasing it on iPhone & iTouch. If they release the game for PC in DVD like regular licensed games, then there are chances of copyright violation. Because it's way too easy on PC to capture/extract the embedded/hidden brand new linkin park song using third party softwares. And anybody can also create duplicate DVDs of the game with added working patch. And this should not happen!

KATHYxx said:

There's look and content: the artistic side of it, and then there's gameplay, the engineering side of it. I was most concerned about the latter. I know LP are great artists, but the engineering is all up to the developers.
In LP we trust
Dude, it's easy to record audio from the iPod touch through the headphones jack! There will be an analog quality rip of the new song out on the Net the day the game comes out. (obviously)

I think making this game be iPhone and iPod touch exclusive is a bad move. There ought to be Windows, Mac and Linux versions at least, if not also XBox, Wii, PS3 and PSP.
Nerd Fourty-Two said:
Dude, it's easy to record audio from the iPod touch through the headphones jack! There will be an analog quality rip of the new song out on the Net the day the game comes out. (obviously)

I think making this game be iPhone and iPod touch exclusive is a bad move. There ought to be Windows, Mac and Linux versions at least, if not also XBox, Wii, PS3 and PSP.

Agreed with every single word.
Although they would have to remake the campaign, because I doubt the length of the campaign is long enough to fit in with the standard length of Xbox Live Arcade (for example) games. Otherwise you'd be paying 800 Microsoft Points for a half enough an hour campaign with nothing to do afterwards. A full Linkin Park game wouldn't be that bad, but they will have to make a lot of improvements and adjustments.
I won't be surprised if this game would be bad (because this is the FIRST time LP make a GAME).
Just wish it will have a good start (And it will be free, as I don't have any bank account or any card to offer it)
Porting it to PC would be a loooooooooot of work, can't imagine that this will happen. I can only hope, that it will be available for other Handys (like my Xperia ^^) although it is against apple policy.
Agreed with everything here. I just really hope that the song will be available on online shops somehow. Although I would love to play the game, I don't have an iPhone / iPod. I thought of buying one illegal or stealing one... Well lets see... I just wanna play that game so bad and ofc. listen to the new song *.*

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service