I'm going to start this discussion with a short list of my favorites:Stephen King,Edgar Allen Po,O'Henry,Mark Twain,Atanas Dalchev,Bram Stoker,Terry Pratchet and Ann Rice.I think genre wise they are pretty different but they all have a distinct style and feeling to their work which I admire.I think the most influential ones for me are Stephen King and Po.So do share your lists :)

Tags: genres, insperation, writers

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite ??I don't really know..I can jump from J.R.R Tolkien to Gabriel Garcia Marquez, get emotional w/ Alice Sebold( because I had the same experience with her) and Cecilia Ahern.

I love you just from this statement alone. I hate a million pages of detail about how stuff looks, I like the meat of a book, the way a character feels and thinks. If the story is about a character, then let the character shine. What I want to read, is what I write.

My website is here is you are interested: www.alexandranofi.com I self-published a book earlier this year.

Welcome to the group, enjoy your stay :D

LPFICTIONS said:

I like a lot of autors but i gotta say only Stephen King keep me really interesting from a to z in his books.

I hate very long details about where the characters at. I need to be in the action all the time to be stuck in the characters's head, fears, sadness, love... When i got to imagine each and every furniture's detail in a house,  for example i get bored even if nicely written. I need a really quick "picture" of a room, a garden. Character's psychology is what i look to read in a book.

w00t! Awesome, more friends the merrier :D

Thanks for wanting to look at my site, very sweet of you <3

LPFICTIONS said:

Aww thanks. I'm glad i found someone like me lol. And i'll surely have a look on your website! :) oh and by the way i'm gonna ask you an add in here. Have a nice day, looking forward to read you. LPF

Alexandra Nofi said:

I love you just from this statement alone. I hate a million pages of detail about how stuff looks, I like the meat of a book, the way a character feels and thinks. If the story is about a character, then let the character shine. What I want to read, is what I write.

My website is here is you are interested: www.alexandranofi.com I self-published a book earlier this year.

LPFICTIONS said:

I like a lot of autors but i gotta say only Stephen King keep me really interesting from a to z in his books.

I hate very long details about where the characters at. I need to be in the action all the time to be stuck in the characters's head, fears, sadness, love... When i got to imagine each and every furniture's detail in a house,  for example i get bored even if nicely written. I need a really quick "picture" of a room, a garden. Character's psychology is what i look to read in a book.

I like Marry Stewart 'The Crystal Cave' and Hans Anderson. For non fiction, Umberto Eco Hyperreality is great

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service