Hi all - with all these tours coming up, I'm going to be loading my iPad with delicious books. For the record, I love owning actual books.  There is nothing like curling up with a book in my favorite chair (which happens to be in my office in front of a fireplace... bonus if my dog is snuggled up and snoring at my feet).   Feeling the pages as I turn them; being able to easily turn back a few pages or a chapter to review a part that I read too fast or to re-read something that I loved.  The smell of paper - either brand new out or aged if it's been read by many.  But for travel, I loved my Kindle, and now, I love my iPad.  Nothing beats a devise smaller than a book that can hold hundreds of stories - especially when we are talking about traveling for a month at a time. Every pound in the suitcase is precious.  

So... what books do you all recommend?

Views: 121

Replies to This Discussion

Have you read Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman?
I nearly failed an exam because I couldn't put it down!

My flatmate recommends The Count of Monte Cristo and Dracula - he said he could could read it again and again.

Other suggestions:
The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse - Robert Rankin
The Sookie Stackhouse books - highly addictive vampire smut, if that's your thing??
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austin (I read this every year)
Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker - George Lucas, but really ghost written and actually a good read!

I'm currently reading Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
I recommend The Kite Runner. I just read that book for my AP english class and I loved it. It was crazyy and I enjoyed reading it. Maybe you will like it too. :)
The River Why by David James Duncan

It's about fishing, but not really. It's about fishing, and why lives need balance, and why lives need companions and love. It's about adoration for what nature can provide. And it's funny. So funny. If the first chapter alone fails to make the reader laugh, then the reader's sense of humor is broken. It is a delight. I just hope it's available on the iPad!

"I couldn't trade the trail these images blazed for me for a straight and narrow way--not when water's ways, meandering and free flowing, had always been my love."

I totally recommend Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. The book really stuck out to me because mainly it had a lot to do with real life and how people take too many things for granted. The whole idea of being able to do something over, and see what would happen if you did something different, even for one day, is facinating and totally mind blowing.

I'd also recommend Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Again this book had a lot to do with, 'what could happen if I did this?' or 'if only someone cared a little more..' 

I liked how well the book was wrote... (written?) and the way Jay Asher told the story, which was on cassette tapes as though two people were telling the story.

The whole idea of finding out why someone committed suicide and learning that you were one of the many reasons is kinda sad, but I think a story like that needed to be told because it showed how everything eventually adds up. Even small unimportant things.

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. Really good, and I loved how the first chapter was the last chapter. Hes a real good writer and the story is something that hasnt been done before and its just fricken fantastic.

One last book, If I stay by Gayle Forman. Im not really sure how to describe the book partly becuase I read it a while ago.. Like 6 months ago. But, it was a book that stuck with me, and I know I liked the plot and how it was wrote...(written?)

--KH :)

hi..im so glad to know that there are still people who love to read..I know my reply is kinda late,I'm just new to this group and I never thought this kind of group can be found in the LP site. Im not a writer but i love to read! Im currently hooked to Cassandra Clare's "Mortal Instruments Trilogy. Now, I'm reading book 2, City of Ashes.

My favorite books are:

-- Harry Potter Series
-- Percy Jackson Series
-- Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code
-- Fallen by Lauren Kate
-- Hush hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
-- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
-- Tuesdays with Morrie and Five People You meet in Heaven by Mitch Alboom
-- Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
-- The virgin suicides
-- The Twilight Saga

I tried to read Anne Rice's Vampire Lestat but I got scared. I felt like somebody's reading with me..Weird..I loved the movie the count of monte cristo, i never knew there was a book..Hope i could find it..

Oh by the way Anna, I'm also looking forward for your book..=)
also, Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
I've read many good books lately that are worth recommending. Have you ever read the Catcher in the Rye? I haven't finished yet (I've read most of it though) and it's great. Also, for graphic novel fans, I recommend classics like the dystopian V for Vendetta, or the biography/documentary/WW2 story Maus. Plus, I haven't finished any of John Grisham's books yet, but I've read parts of The Appeal and Skipping Christmas, both decent books I should finish sometime soon.

Oh and @jean cebrian Paulo Coelho is great, though I only read The Alchemist, I'll have to look into his other works.

@Enigma Streetsoldier, I bought The Alchemist and plan to read it during my free time. Neil Gaiman is a good too. I've read the Graveyard Book. It sharpens your imagination =)

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service