LINKIN PARK, LLC
LP SURVEY CONTEST
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT PUERTO RICO) AND ARE LOCATED IN THEIR STATES OF RESIDENCE AT TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER. FEW WILL WIN. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances.
1. TO ENTER: Beginning Monday, April 5 at 10:00 a.m. PDT through Monday, April 19 at 10:00 a.m. PDT (the "Promotional Period"), complete the survey at http://ivpsurvey.com/survey.php?p_key=d1e77d0ee58f1791b2b9a487730d137f
in its entirety (the "Entry" or "Entries").
If any of the requested information is not included in the Entry, the Entry will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted electronically and received Linkin Park, LLC. ("Sponsor") during the Promotional Period. No facsimiles allowed. Sponsor is not responsible for malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; for lost, late, illegible, stolen, damaged, incomplete or misdirected Entries; or for any other technical problems related to website entries. Limit one Entry per person and/or email address. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to people age 13 and over who are residents of the U.S. (except Puerto Rico) and who have Internet access as of [start date of sweepstakes]. Employees and directors of Linkin Park, LLC, Machine Shop Marketing, LLC, or any of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Eligible Entries will be selected on or about [day after end date of sweepstakes] in random drawings from all eligible Entries received. One (1) winner will be selected. Drawings will be conducted by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the sweepstakes. Winner will be notified by telephone or email within 15 days of winner selection and the prizes will be delivered within 30 days once the winners have been certified as eligible. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release within 14 days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If winner is not available within 36 hours of first attempt by Sponsor to contact winner, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
4. PRIZES: One (1) winner will be awarded a "Linkin Park Plaque," consisting of: (1) one Linkin Park Award Plaque. ARV of "Linkin Park Plaque": $50.00. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $50.00. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Many will enter. Few will win. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes applicable to the acceptance and use of his/her prize. All prizes will be awarded. Any prize won by a minor will be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian, who must sign any documents that may be required by Sponsor. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. If prize becomes unavailable or cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to provide a cash payment or substitute a prize of comparable value. Limit of one prize per person, household or email address.
The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
5. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify, or cancel this Sweepstakes at any time without notice or obligation. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. All entries and entry-related data is property of Sponsor and will not be disclosed to entrants. Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries, malfunctioning links or failed attempts to click-through; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether, human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise.
)and the decisions of the judges; and (b) give his or her express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by email, mail or phone. By submitting an Entry, entrant consents to the use of his/her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation in all media worldwide, now known or hereafter developed (except if winner is a resident of TN or where otherwise prohibited by law). All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH the WIN EVERYTHING SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE WIN EVERYTHING SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, Linkin Park, LLC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding the LP SURVEY CONTEST, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the web site, and/or the legitimate operation of the LP SURVEY CONTEST; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the LP SURVEY CONTEST is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of LP SURVEY CONTEST, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process (a) cancel or terminate the LP SURVEY CONTEST (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the LP SURVEY CONTEST or suspend the LP SURVEY CONTEST to address the impairment and then resume the LP SURVEY CONTEST in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules.
6. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE LP SURVEY CONTEST ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND ADMINISTRATOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE WIN EVERYTHING SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY WIN EVERYTHING SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND ADMINISTRATOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE http://ivpsurvey.com/survey.php?p_key=d1e77d0ee58f1791b2b9a487730d137f
OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND WIN EVERYTHING SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THE WIN EVERYTHING SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
7. REMOVAL FROM FUTURE MAILINGS: To have your name and address removed from Sponsor’s future sweepstakes and sweepstakes mailings, please remove your email address from the SETTINGS portion of LinkinPark.com. Sponsor will process your request immediately.
8. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by laws of the State of California, with exclusive venue for any dispute in Los Angeles County, California. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: any an all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this LP SURVEY CONTEST or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the laws of the State of California; (2) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the LP SURVEY CONTEST, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the LP SURVEY CONTEST, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the state laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of the state laws of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the laws of the State of California.
9. WINNERS' LIST: For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, postmarked by May 17 to be received by May 24 to: LP SURVEY CONTEST, Winners' List, P.O. Box 36915 Los Angeles, CA 90036.
SPONSOR: Linkin Park, L.L.C., PO Box 36915, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Linkin Park, LLC shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. ©2010 Linkin Park, L.L.C. All rights reserved. Printed in U.S.A.